Armour table pg39 question

richinq

Mongoose
Hi,

We were generating our first characters when one of my players noticed that the Heavy Leather Hauberk and the Leather Hauberk have the same stats apart from the price?

We enjoyed the character gen and our first test combat.
and are looking forward to our first adventure.

Rich.

Maybe bump it to 3AP? Although dropping the regular Leather Hauberk to 1AP seems more reasonable, especially as there is already regular Leather armour at 1AP.

On a related note, why would someone buy chainmail trews instead of a chainmail skirt? The trews have 1 more ENC and cost 200 sp more than the skirt, but are otherwise identical.

I'm digging the rulebook so far and looking forward to future products, but I have to wonder if the armor table has errors.

Ozric said:
On a related note, why would someone buy chainmail trews instead of a chainmail skirt? The trews have 1 more ENC and cost 200 sp more than the skirt, but are otherwise identical.

I'm digging the rulebook so far and looking forward to future products, but I have to wonder if the armor table has errors.

Uh, becuase all the old RQ skirts used to protect the abdomen. Pants/Tres protected the abdomen & Legs, and greaves protected the legs only.

Man that armor chart is all messed up. I don't think you can go four pieces of armor in a row without a goof up.

I'm gonna pull out my copy of RQ 2 and try to fix this. It's mostly RQ2 with RQ3 Prices and a skill penalty.

Can any dope out the fomula for skill penalty?

Rurik said:
atgxtg said:

It is AP times locations covered.

Uh, Chanimail shirt: AP 5 locations: Abdomen, Chest, Armrs, penalty 20%

5x3= 15%

Chainmail Trews 5AP LOcation: Legs Penalty: 10%

Okay, I'm missing saomething here.

atgxtg said:
Rurik said:
atgxtg said:

5x3= 15%

Left arm, Right Arm, Abdomen, Chest = 4, AP 5 x 4 locations = 20

Left Leg and Right Leg, 2 locations. AP5 x 2 = 10.

Oh, two arms and legs.:shock:
Don't mind me,. I'm a fachan. :oops:

Hey, does that mean I can get a break on armor?
8)

atgxtg said:
Rurik said:
atgxtg said:

5x3= 15%

Y'know, you try to defend the guy saying that his posts, though negative, have some intelligence behind them, and then this. :p

Rurik said:
Y'know, you try to defend the guy saying that his posts, though negative, have some intelligence behind them, and then this. :p

Sometimes it is farther behind than others...

For those who will understand this: I tried to do the math buy the 2/10ths 4/10th stuff wasn't adding up.

Okay, here is my variant/revised armor table. I kept the basic MRQ format instead of expanding it to encompass all of the RQ2 options, but I did sneak in a new piece of armor or three. I also put skirts back on the abdome rathewr than the legs (and adjusted the ENC) partly to make the chainmail trews thing make sense, and partly out of reflex.

Thanks to: richininq and Ozric for noticing the oopes in the chart, Gjabji for sending me the RQ2 errata (I needed it sooner than I though), Rurik for deciphering the math, and AKAramis for teaching how to count to two.

Feeback, even complaints like, oh, "Why does a scale skirt cost as much as a mail skirt?" (damn!) are welcome.

119fs433239.png

Rurik said:
atgxtg said:
Rurik said:
Bring Back Cuirboilli!

Okay. Just use Linen stats but it costs 60% more. :D

Or do you want greaves and vambraces too?

And a cap.

It will be in the updated chart. But here is a "prieview". :D

Compostite Helm/Cuirboilli Cap AP3 ENC 1 Protects: Head Cost: 150 SP Totoal (Partial?) Skill Penalty: -3%

Now do you want that with a demi-bird or griffon feather?

Hey, cool. If I get an MRQ game going, I'm going to try this armor table instead of the one in the book.

Thanks!

Ozric said:
Hey, cool. If I get an MRQ game going, I'm going to try this armor table instead of the one in the book.

Thanks!

You're welcome. I'll try to expand it a bit and fix the costs for scale tomorrow.

Here is the new an improved version of my armor table. I spotted and fixed a few errors, such as the cost for scale, and added a few more bits of armor, including cuirboilli. I also made the shading a bit lighter so it should be easier to read when printed (BTW, does anyone know of an easy way to shade every other line?).

Padded/Quited/Cloth armor can be treated as `1 point leather (at least until someone does a weapon vs armor type variant).

"Duck Down" armor and duck feather for caps will have to wait until I can get a fresh supply of ducks, as the griffion ate up all the ones in stock.

Version 3 will include (hopefully) bezainted/studded armor (as ring), and brigadine/lamellar (like scale & chain but with different costs and ENC).

Feedback, comment, suggestions, praise,criticisms, death threats, bags of money, lingerie models, and what not all all welcome and possibly even appreciated.

119fs483248_th.png

119fs483248.png

BTW, If any one can tell me how to link a thumbnail to another picture, I'd be very grateful.

Here's an idea.

The same armour on certain locations could have less AP. For example, Chainmail skirts or trews might be made of lighter metal/thinner links, for added mobility, whereas mobility wouldn't be such an issue on the chest, and so would be the full AP.

Back