Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're too hard, I'm frightened of them please down stat them

• Mostly good but with a few notable gaps makes them almost unplayable

• Total voters
Pauly_D said:
emperorpenguin said:
everyone knows the centauri operate in wolfpacks, squadrons rock!

unfortunately as i discovered the other day so too do drazi squadrons!

let me guess, were you on the receiving end of a squadron of Solarhawks
i used it once and it totally kicks ass, unfortunately for the rest of the game i was running from fighter because the couldnt boresight the damn things

thankfully it was only warbirds but 4 of them in 2 squadrons. they took out my tinashi :cry:

emperorpenguin said:
Pauly_D said:
emperorpenguin said:

i used it once and it totally kicks ass, unfortunately for the rest of the game i was running from fighter because the couldnt boresight the damn things

thankfully it was only warbirds but 4 of them in 2 squadrons. they took out my tinashi :cry:

yes those Boresight weapons are deadly and it having a hull of 6 helps it as well

warbirds are awesome, hull 6 really sucks. They are tough as nails. You need to get loucky on the rolls a bit but it really helps. A squadron of solarhawks with warbirds definitely scary.

emperorpenguin said:
Pauly_D said:
emperorpenguin said:

homerun said:
warbirds are awesome, hull 6 really sucks. They are tough as nails. You need to get loucky on the rolls a bit but it really helps. A squadron of solarhawks with warbirds definitely scary.

unfortunutely for them tho they have very low Damage/Crew so a Primus can destroy it in one shot from its Battle Lasers

Centauri strengths:
Good dogfighting fighters
Rutarian good strikefighter
Good hull ratings
Excellent scout choice at patrol
Good speed and manuever
No boresight restricted firepower

Centauri limits
OK/weak damage & crew
Many ships have no or poor secondary arcs
Generally limited numbers of fighters

Rule of thumb, if you manage the initial rush without serious loss and hold your formation, the Centauri will start to unravel.

Additional strengths: Good food, nice clothes (have you seen what the Narn wear? Why not just staple a dead cow to your chest, hmm?), good drinks & nice religous cermonies :)

emperorpenguin said:
don't forget the finest operettas in the galaxy :p

Yes of course, how could I have left it out! And our technomages were the finest in the galaxy, why else could they have been the first to leave? :wink:

Personaly i think the Centauri are a very nasty and capable fleet. If you don't think so mister bananna's here has a nice replacement brain for you.

As nasty as they are they still have weaknesses, A relativly low damage score and lack of rear gun's means that they are not invinicable. Myself i'm having trouble with narns but i'll get it sorted at some point and give maccy a run for his money.

As stated by many people before me, but sadly i have to agree, the primus is a very nasty cabable ship and if you think this is a poor battle level ship then please step this way.

Back