Anyone got Argos & Zingara?

MGBM

Mongoose
If so, tell us how it's like. Are the 96 pages enough? If possible, put the index here please.

Oh how I wish.

But my next purchases are Scrolls of Skelos and Faiths and Fevors.

Perhaps if they move closer to that region (Or if I get everything else first)

Definitely get Scrolls, but I'd say hold of on F&F unless you really want to emphasize religion in you campaign. It's dense, and more info than the casual religious gamer might want to utilize.

If you're getting started, you can either PM me, or do a search for "started" or "newbie" or something like taht. There's several threads with suggestions on what books are essential versus being essentially "extra" or embellishing.

8)

Sutek said:
Definitely get Scrolls, but I'd say hold of on F&F unless you really want to emphasize religion in you campaign. It's dense, and more info than the casual religious gamer might want to utilize.

If you're getting started, you can either PM me, or do a search for "started" or "newbie" or something like taht. There's several threads with suggestions on what books are essential versus being essentially "extra" or embellishing.

8)

Thanks for the offer. ^_^

I've actually been getting books on and off for a short while.

Thusfar my collection consists of:

Main Rulebook (Atlantean edition)
Shadizar Boxset (Map problem one)
Hyboria's Finest/Fiercest/Fallen
Road of Kings
Across the Thunder River
Ruins of Hyborea

I do want Scrolls of Skelos next and, if Faiths is for those who want a but more religeosity in the game, I'll hold off on that.

There arestill plenty of books I would love to get my hands on, like many of the region books. But I'll wait to see where the players decide to go first.

Hey Guy's,

Just picked up the copy today. I haven't read it yet but it looks great. Typical high quality Vincent Darlage material. Here is a list of the table of contents.

Introduction
Life in Argos
The Argossean BReed
By Land & Sea
Gladiators & Feats
Law of the Ocean
Geography o Argos
Life in Zingara
The Zingaran Breed
Zingaran Military
Zingaran Treachery
Geography of Zingara
Skills & Feats
Pirates & Cutthroats
Games Mastering
License

Eric in Vegas

Nice! Thanks Eric!

I suppose if my players Opt to go that way, I should probably consider that book, plus Mesantia and The Pirate Isles.

This book is awesome. It gives great detail on the nations, societies and peoples that make them up.

I am very impressed. My favorite section is on each nations military and their makeup.

Eric in Vegas

Great! Nice to know it's a fine book!

BTW Eric, does the book have anything on the Bacharan Islands and Tortage?

MGBM said:
Great! Nice to know it's a fine book!

BTW Eric, does the book have anything on the Bacharan Islands and Tortage?

The draft I sent originally did, but it may have been edited out because Tortage was used in Signs and Portents - which would make that section a reprint. So I would not be surprised if that part was taken out.

I am wondering if the book used the city maps I submitted.

...but it may have been edited out because Tortage was used in Signs and Portents...

Does anyone know what issue it was in, or if it will be included in "The Conan Compendium" book? Tortage is a setting I've wanted details on for a long time now. I had no idea it had already been covered.

lastbesthope said:
It's not out till later this week in the UK .

LBH

ACK!

I missed that one on the Esdevium release list :( Was too busy looking at Armageddon and the RQ stuff :)

Will have to grab a few copies next week.

Tyrant said:
Does anyone know what issue it was in, or if it will be included in "The Conan Compendium" book? Tortage is a setting I've wanted details on for a long time now. I had no idea it had already been covered.

Tortage, including a map, was covered in issue 24 (July 2005). It was a five page article (written by me) in the penultimate issue of the printed magazine (before it went to PDF format).

So, it has been available for over a year now.

To the best of my knowledge, it does not appear in the Compendium.

RabidAntiShemite said:
There is a map of Tortage in A&Z.

So far the only problem I have this book is its length. I wanted more :)

More worthwhile information in the sourcebooks is always better. :)

BTW, can you say if there's more information about Tortage in the book besides the map?

mthomason said:
lastbesthope said:
It's not out till later this week in the UK .

LBH

ACK!

I missed that one on the Esdevium release list :( Was too busy looking at Armageddon and the RQ stuff :)

Will have to grab a few copies next week.

That's why I always search the pdf for 'MGP' it highlights how many products there are from Mongoose

LBH

Back