Ant Assault

doktorandy

Mongoose
I just picked up Ant Assault and I have to say I love it! I do have a rules question though. There is an ant called a "honey pot ant" that is strength 0 and states "Recycle all Resource Cards spent on one Colony upgrade." For one, what does "Recycle" mean in this context? Where do those spent Resource Cards go? The bottom of the Resource deck or back in the players pile?

Also, when/how is this card used? Best guess my friends and I have is that you can use it like a Ploy card, but its labeled like a normal ant card.

Rules help from the designers would be great! :D

Thanks!

Cool! Are there any other non-Ploy cards that work like that? It seems like this is the only one, hence the confusion.

We also had some debate about the colony upgrade that lets your "Workers" forage one extra resource. We decided that this only applies to "Worker Ant" cards and not ants that "can act as Workers". Correct?

Thanks!

Funny how those are two questions I asked. The only two as well!

Great to clear them up and good to know we were playing it wrong! Next time though, next time!!!

Just confirming a query that came out of my first play through of the game... you must have at least 1 worker ant to pick up resources. And if you win foraging and have at least one worker type you can pick up 2 resources. What if you have 2 or more workers? Do you pick up 2 resources per worker or just 2 in total regardless of how many workers you have?

MissMenolly aka Karen

End of game: The rules say that the game ends when the last resource card is drawn. I suppose that it means that all the players' resource decks are empty, and all the resource cards are in the players' hands, or removed of the game when used for purchasing upgrades. Correct?

- Last question In the "cards type" section, it is said that resource cards may be used for purchasing new ants. How does this purchase trigger?

You must have at least 1 worker ant to pick up resources. And if you win foraging and have at least one worker type you can pick up 2 resources. What if you have 2 or more workers? Do you pick up 2 resources per worker or just 2 in total regardless of how many workers you have?

Back