Ancients campaign fleets?

As I see it.

7 on the ancients damage table does 6+1d6 damage. It is also described as a critical hit.

Therefore critical hits on ancients do 6+1d6 damage.

Now several effects automatically inflict a number of critical hits, ramming and jump point disruptors to name two.

These criticals happen automatically, without the need to roll on the damage table, therefore bypassing the need for the precise trait on ancients.

Have to agree with Reaverman & Burger on this one, ramming gets to do `1d6 criticals, each doing 6+1d6 damage to an ancient.

Reaverman said:
Wulf, the damage table states that a '7' result is a Critical. If a Ram cause D6 Criticals, it should equate the same as a critical hit on an ancient. I am sure that 5000+ tons of metal smashing into something, could be seen as Precise :wink:
So, you're saying the only case in which a non-Precise weapon can get a result of 7 is ramming? Don't get me wrong, I don't care, but that is not what the rules say. They say you don't even check for criticals, and more specifically "Precise weapons...are the only weapon that can score a critical hit".

Granted, ramming isn't a weapon, but still there is no provision for ramming damage in there, and Asteroid collision and JP Bombs aren't weapons either - can THEY score crits?

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
Reaverman said:
Wulf, the damage table states that a '7' result is a Critical. If a Ram cause D6 Criticals, it should equate the same as a critical hit on an ancient. I am sure that 5000+ tons of metal smashing into something, could be seen as Precise :wink:
So, you're saying the only case in which a non-Precise weapon can get a result of 7 is ramming? Don't get me wrong, I don't care, but that is not what the rules say. They say you don't even check for criticals, and more specifically "Precise weapons...are the only weapon that can score a critical hit".

Granted, ramming isn't a weapon, but still there is no provision for ramming damage in there, and Asteroid collision and JP Bombs aren't weapons either - can THEY score crits?
Ramming is not a WEAPON. It is sresolved in the MOVEMENT phase, not the ATTACK phase.

According to the rules as written, ramming causes 1d6 crits. A crit to an ancient is 6+1d6 damage. Confirmed by Bry in Rulesmasters.

I'm out of this discussion now, I think I've repeated myself enough times!

Back