(Ahem) Rulebook Update

Do Judges from other jurisdictions need to attempt arrests? Perhaps, to avoid silliness, if both players bring a Judge, they should determine somehow which side, if any, is on "Home Turf" and has to attempt arrests?

I'd say both have to attempt arrests. I've watched enough cop shows/movies to have seen dozens of scenes where forces from different jurisdictions try to arrest each other. :D

msprange said:
This is a factor to consider.

However, having given this a great deal of thought, I think we will come down on the side of the smaller forces - with the idea that the larger forces are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves!

We will implement this idea of 40% of your opponent's force, pre-mercenaries.

"And the word shall be revealed before your eyes, So Sayeth the Shephard!"

I'm all for giving the underdog a bit of a boost and as I discussed with Wererogue earlier, I have no problems trying something new to see how things shake out. Thank you Chaos, Boss, Wererogue for discussing this in a fairly civilized manner, we all know how heated rules arguements can get. ;)

Hey you might be right - but I don't think so:) As say we can see what happens with all the cool rules- playing a game Wednesday :)

chaoschild said:
This rule could do with a little extra clarification though, possibly in Block War to highlight other targets that do not need to be arrested. Right now Judges have to arrest demonic entities, and may actually succeed. :twisted:

Block War said:
Not of This World: The minor entity cares not for the judges of Mega-City One, and they are not required to make Arrest checks against it....

Just in case you missed it. It also applies to the Major Entity, too.

-Ken

One of the reasons that I like Mongoose, is that they actually listen to their fans when they present good to great ideas. :)

Thanks Mongoose (and Matt) for listening and doing something about it.

Dave Chase

Just a thought...

Given that it's currently impossible for a Lone Vigilante to spend their full allowance of 500 credits, would it be a good idea to allow them the option of upgrading to a psychic (at the standard 25 points for a psi level of 4)? I could see the possibility of a psychic going off the deep end and turning vigilante, believing that their powers make them a real superhero.

I've actually thought this would be a good idea, but having played with the LV almost exclusively in my latest campaign, I can see where it might become overpowered.

In fact, I've been toying around with the idea of making an entire "Superheroes" supplement for the JDMG where you can create Superheroes and Villains (and teams of both) with all sorts of different powers, etc.

But, yeah, I think it'd be interesting to try an option where you can buy Psychic ability for a Lone Vigilante.

Personally, for me, I think use my extra credits in reserve for buying cybernetics when the need arises. :D

-Ken

Dave Chase said:
One of the reasons that I like Mongoose, is that they actually listen to their fans when they present good to great ideas. :)

Well, we have always described Dredd as a 'community' game, where comments from players can be taken on board and adopted (relatively) quickly.

I think the game is all the better for it, even if there are sometimes some rough edges left!

WereRogue said:
I've actually thought this would be a good idea, but having played with the LV almost exclusively in my latest campaign, I can see where it might become overpowered.

In fact, I've been toying around with the idea of making an entire "Superheroes" supplement for the JDMG where you can create Superheroes and Villains (and teams of both) with all sorts of different powers, etc.

But, yeah, I think it'd be interesting to try an option where you can buy Psychic ability for a Lone Vigilante.

Personally, for me, I think use my extra credits in reserve for buying cybernetics when the need arises. :D

-Ken
Sounds like good fun - look forward to it

Creating a full team in (or out of) the Big Meg would be ineresting .......... maybe rules for the dark backgrounds that have driven them to be "heroes".

I'd quite like the idea of allowing a sidekick from the start in the main game.

Da Boss said:

I semi-agree with this, though if you started with a Sidekick, it shouldn't have the ability to buy up levels. So, you have a Level 8 teamed with a Level 3 (possibly) or a Level 3 teamed with a Level 1.

Also, what's the deal w/ limiting LV's to only pistols? Considering they can't spend all their starting credits anyway, I think a little more flexibility would be welcome.

I realized my dismay last night when I found a miniature I'd bought some time ago that was basically Ash from Army of Darkness, and I realized I couldn't field him as a Lone Vigilante because I couldn't give him his BOOMSTICK! :(

-Ken

WereRogue said:
Da Boss said:

I semi-agree with this, though if you started with a Sidekick, it shouldn't have the ability to buy up levels. So, you have a Level 8 teamed with a Level 3 (possibly) or a Level 3 teamed with a Level 1.

Also, what's the deal w/ limiting LV's to only pistols? Considering they can't spend all their starting credits anyway, I think a little more flexibility would be welcome.

I realized my dismay last night when I found a miniature I'd bought some time ago that was basically Ash from Army of Darkness, and I realized I couldn't field him as a Lone Vigilante because I couldn't give him his BOOMSTICK! :(

-Ken

I agree with opening up the Vigilante arsenal. There are tons of heroes who use more than pistols. Watchmen being the first to come to mind. Maybe allowing the Lone Vigilante to make a Justice League or Avengers at a high level would also be cool. Thus adding more to the long haul of playing with a single model.

You can already expand the lone vigilante way past the limit of 1 or 2 models, just use the Loyal Follower talent to recruit another superhero. Then that superhero uses Loyal Follower to recruit another and so on...

Surtur said:
I agree with opening up the Vigilante arsenal. There are tons of heroes who use more than pistols. Watchmen being the first to come to mind. Maybe allowing the Lone Vigilante to make a Justice League or Avengers at a high level would also be cool. Thus adding more to the long haul of playing with a single model.

Bit dangerous to completely remove that limitation. As a test one of our guys had the LV rocking around with the heavy spitgun (and Energy Shield and Sports Armour). Add in stealthy+infiltrate and he was just a monster. Found himself a nice high vantage point and then just hammered anyone who tried to approach.

One question did come up though...he picked Accurate as he figured he could use it when he fired the HSP in spray mode. We denied him that combo....good call?

I do agree a sidekick from the get go would be cool. As it is you can only spend a maximum of 395 or your initial 500 points currently. If not a sidekick, then upgrade to level 5 for 155 points.

Back