ACtA in Canada?

Finlos and I tried to set up a demo game at our local store in Red Deer Alberta. He declined saying he only lets game demos of stuff he carries. We were more than willing to provide all materials. Finlos has Fed/Klingon/Romulan and I have a Gorn fleet box on the way. We play as often as my schedule will let us.

PS. By the way the Fed BB is a nasty ship, Finlos chewed the hell out of my poor little gorn BCH and BC with it.

Yea i think the point total on the BB is way too forgiving. Ill probably have to wait for the other Battleships to release before I allow it to be played. Just way too nasty.

Will you be running another of these events this year Jon? I'm hoping to get a chance to play and show you my ships.

I can't believe it's alomst been a year and I haven't had a chance to play a single game since Salute. Damn you real life!

Red-24 said:
I'm on the demo team and will be running some demo games at Trumpeter Salute in Vancouver, B.C. March 30th to April 1st. http://www.trumpetersalute.com/

I just got my first three squadron boxes on Thursday from my local game store. My pre ordered boxes are on the way. I'll be doing up terrain as well and making up various components to ease game play.

For an example of how overboard I can sometimes go on convention games visit: http://members.shaw.ca/lavaterrain

Hope to see some of you Canucks there.

bladestalker said:
Will you be running another of these events this year Jon?
I'll be deciding in the next few days. I'm going to GenCon this summer, so I'm being cautious about over committing on conventions. Sure would be fun.

UPDATE: Turns out I can't make Trumpeter this year, so my events are being cancelled. Anyone else want to take up the torch?

Trumpeter Salute April 5, 6, & 7th, 2013 at the Bonsor Community Center in Burnaby, B.C. Canada.

Red-24 said:
Looks like I will be attending Trumpeter Salute again this year. April 5, 6, & 7th, 2013 at the Bonsor Community Center in Burnaby, B.C. Canada.

I'll be running at least two "Introductory games" of Star Fleet in the 9AM and 2PM slots on Saturday.

Woo hoo. I should be back from Japan by then. I'll bring my figs and you can school me. :)

Trumpeter Salute on April 5, 6, and 7 is now listed in Hailing Frequencies for February.

(Edited to fix dates.)

bladestalker said:
Red-24 said:
Looks like I will be attending Trumpeter Salute again this year. April 5, 6, & 7th, 2013 at the Bonsor Community Center in Burnaby, B.C. Canada.

I'll be running at least two "Introductory games" of Star Fleet in the 9AM and 2PM slots on Saturday.

Woo hoo. I should be back from Japan by then. I'll bring my figs and you can school me. :)

You could always start a thread for "ACtA in Japan" between now and then!

Nerroth said:
bladestalker said:
Red-24 said:

You could always start a thread for "ACtA in Japan" between now and then!

Oh god my wife would kill me if I did that. Though it would be interesting to see what the ACTA scene is like in Japan.

Some friends and I play in St. John's Newfoundland. Though more Noble Armada than Star Trek (A bit unusual I admit...)

Nerroth said:
Hello.

While I'm still hoping my FLGS can work out a way to get a hold of ACtA:SF (and Fleets of the Fading Suns, once it comes out) I was wondering if there was any kind of wider network of interest/support/etc on this side of the border for either of the currently-running versions of the A Call to Arms ruleset.

If you drop me their contact details I will give them a call or pass my email address onto them for them to contact us. We do supply direct to stores or they can go via a distributor that carries the range they are looking for.

amcmillan@mongoosepublishing.com

Thanks
Andy

Red-24 said:
I won't be at Trumpeter Salute (Apr 5-7 in Burnaby) after all. If anyone else wants to host some Star Fleet, go register on their web site.

I just freed up one Saturday morning and afternoon slot.

http://www.trumpetersalute.com/

that sucks. I also realized Ièm only just getting back from Japan april 2 so tht is probably going to nix my own attendance.

Back