ACtA in Canada?

Nerroth

Mongoose
Hello.

While I'm still hoping my FLGS can work out a way to get a hold of ACtA:SF (and Fleets of the Fading Suns, once it comes out) I was wondering if there was any kind of wider network of interest/support/etc on this side of the border for either of the currently-running versions of the A Call to Arms ruleset.

Are there any conventions, gaming groups or suchlike which are known (or at least are somewhat likely) to have a presence for either game; and if so, are there any Mongoose demo people operating in this country (or who live close enough to the border to consider popping over for larger events) to help the games along?

It may not be as high-profile a gaming venue as the US or UK, but I was hoping there would at least be some Mongoose-related activities here...

I'm on the demo team and will be running some demo games at Trumpeter Salute in Vancouver, B.C. March 30th to April 1st. http://www.trumpetersalute.com/

I just got my first three squadron boxes on Thursday from my local game store. My pre ordered boxes are on the way. I'll be doing up terrain as well and making up various components to ease game play.

For an example of how overboard I can sometimes go on convention games visit: http://members.shaw.ca/lavaterrain

Hope to see some of you Canucks there.

I'm hoping to move to Calgary in the near future and would like to demo ACTA:SF there in Sentry Box. Hopefully I can get some interest and some new players.

Getting my fleet boxes would also help :D

I'm in Calgary and have purchased a fleet and the basic rulebook, both are available at the Box. I have one or two buddies who seem to be interested and will be building up some fleets. One may resort to repurposing one of my B5 fleets.

The box has told me they will order in any ship or fleet you want.

Would love to get a game in on a Saturday with Kuster. It would only take one or two events and we'd have a good sized group rather quickly.

Dihenydd said:
I'm in Calgary and have purchased a fleet and the basic rulebook, both are available at the Box. I have one or two buddies who seem to be interested and will be building up some fleets. One may resort to repurposing one of my B5 fleets.

The box has told me they will order in any ship or fleet you want.

Would love to get a game in on a Saturday with Kuster. It would only take one or two events and we'd have a good sized group rather quickly.
Wait, Sentry Box has books -AND- minis?!? I may just have to call them tomorrow and see what's what. Assuming, of course, they're open on Family Day (stat. holiday here in Alberta at least)

If I can get some minis from the Box (next-day shipping) I'll buy from them instead. And if you're going to organize games there on Saturday I may just have to find a way to get down there.

did you get yuor minis at sentrybox? if not there's a couple of game stores here in Vancouver that can do mailorder for you.

Incidently I attended salute and got in a game with Red-24 that was excellent.

It was his excellent minis that convinced me to order my own Federation Fleet.

finally painted.

bladestalker said:
Incidently I attended salute and got in a game with Red-24 that was excellent.
Awesome!

Point me at some photos of your painted minis. If they're on here I've probably seen them.

One of my goals with this game was to up my painting detail level, to get more people into it. I've been posting various types of progress on Google+ and reposting here. Sometime, I will eventually get around to redoing my website with a section on ACTA: Star Fleet.

Are you finding many people playing SF in Vancouver? I only know of a couple here in Victoria, but haven't been demoing any games since May. I'll be sure to host some at GottaCon in Feb and Trumpeter next year.

Jon

I should note that Hairy Tarantula in Toronto should have some 2500-series Federation and Klingon mini sets at their downtown (354 Yonge Street) location.

I was also able to get the ACtA:SF rulebook there, too; but you might have to ask them if they have any more copies in stock.

Though the game store here does not carry any ACtA I wish I could get more people in Winnipeg to play this. I wish I was back in Calgary :cry:

Did you ask the owner if it could be ordered in? The guy who runs my local store, Dragon's Den, in Saskatoon, is more than happy to order ACTA stuff for me on request.

The owner is a bit cautious on what he brings in," if it don't sell it don't come in" I'm hoping to put on a couple games once I have my fleets sets done, them maybe, but as of yet no interest. You guys in Saskatoon have a great game store, I did training there and I was at the Dragon's Den every weekend. The owner likes his Mongoose as I bought quite a lot of ACtA B5, he also likes his FOW :D . Saying that, Sentry Box has EVERY game store beat by a long shot. I miss my Summer/Falls as a youth out there.

I think what they were suggesting is that you could specifically order your ships and whatnot through the store, so the store would only have to buy what you wanted to specifically order through them?

I know the local stores in my area will specifically order stuff for you if they dont have it in stock, if you ask them to.

Hello everyone! I'm a new player up here in Toronto Canada. Anyone close by that's playing this and might be interested in a game?

I saw more Canadian posters show up in other threads, and wanted to post this as a notice in case any more gamers on this side of North America felt like adding their names to the list above.

Hello,

I'm in Toronto and play regularly with a single opponent.
I have a fleet of federation ships and klingon ships all painted up.
Gorns are enRoute.
My buddy has a Kzinti fleet on the way as well as a Fed, Gorn and Klingon fleet ready to go.

I'm interested in new opponents.

Drop me a line if interested.

Hi.
I'm interested in the system. Don't have any ships yet...want to try the game first.

I live in Markham but can come down to T.O. for a game. Let me know. Waiting for the other fella, Allerka, to decide if he wants to sell his already pre-painted minis.

Thanks.

Victor

Sounds like there's quite a few players in the greater TO area.

I'm still in Red Deer, Alberta for a few more months. Anyone else nearby?

Hi.
I'm interested in the system. Don't have any ships yet...want to try the game first.

I live in Markham but can come down to T.O. for a game. Let me know. Waiting for the other fella, Allerka, to decide if he wants to sell his already pre-painted minis.

Thanks.

Victor

Hi Victor,
The next time we're doing a store game I'll give you a shout.

Jeff

Back