ACTA Farewell Tourneys

Chernobyl said:
I've been wondering if there's demand for a King of the Jumpgate V tournament at Kublacon (Memorial day weekend, SF bay area) this year. I've run out of prize medals supplied by MGP so I'd either need to come up with something else or see if I can get more.

Eric

I think several of the San Jose players would be interested. Will you still stick with your planned "twist" of a minimum one FAP of fighters? If yes, I will have to leave my Drakh at home and either choose a good fighter fleet race or anti-fighter fleet race (e-mines or good anti-fighter). Personally I would like to see just a limit to the number of ships at any particular level FAP to limit swarm fleets myself. Would the Gaim be allowed?

Robert

"Up North" is a bit far for me Hiffano, so I must respectfully decline.

@ Da Boss - Perhaps this time the Narn might win, but damn sure you'll give my G'Vrahn a bit more respect than last time! :)

Pawnographer said:
Chernobyl said:
I've been wondering if there's demand for a King of the Jumpgate V tournament at Kublacon (Memorial day weekend, SF bay area) this year. I've run out of prize medals supplied by MGP so I'd either need to come up with something else or see if I can get more.

Eric

I think several of the San Jose players would be interested. Will you still stick with your planned "twist" of a minimum one FAP of fighters? If yes, I will have to leave my Drakh at home and either choose a good fighter fleet race or anti-fighter fleet race (e-mines or good anti-fighter). Personally I would like to see just a limit to the number of ships at any particular level FAP to limit swarm fleets myself. Would the Gaim be allowed?

Robert

Well, I think the "midway" theme would still be a go, but I wouldn't be able to determine fleet restrictions until I see the new P&P. I've heard from the usual players (good to see they still brose the forums) and I've heard some "sures" and some "maybes" so talk it over with your San Jose crew and PM me with what you find out. We had a pretty good turn out last year and it would be nice to see everyone again.

Chern

Digger said:
"Up North" is a bit far for me Hiffano, so I must respectfully decline.

@ Da Boss - Perhaps this time the Narn might win, but damn sure you'll give my G'Vrahn a bit more respect than last time! :)

If you recall I was quite wary about the G'Vrahn - which was proved correct when you cut one of my undamaged Primus in half :)

It was the G'Quons I was relieved to see on the table :wink:

If we ask Da Boss nicely, and we got some more people to attend this time, we might be able to persuade him to throw a tourney together in the next few months...

Hey if theres a tournament going on back in Northamptonshire then I'll travel back home from uni!

Shame all that food went to waste at the last one though...

Still, if you built it I will commeth! Also if anyone was planning a tournament around Manchester then this is also my area at the present time.

I would also at this time like to request that 'Gregs Crew' should in the future be referred to as one of the following:

'Kenny's Crew' - 'Kettering Crew' - or 'We Hate Everything Narn'

This is no offence to Greg I just think that being associated with an inferior race such as his Narn discraces the Warrior Caste 8)

Chandler said:
This is no offence to Greg I just think that being associated with an inferior race such as his Narn discraces the Warrior Caste 8)

Is that cos my Narn beat your 'warriors' and captured their ships? :twisted:

Well done, you managed to capture the ships being crewed by the Religious Caste - thats easier than hitting babies with a hammer!

I had to give you some victories after the instant destruction of your war level ship at my hands or you would have stormed off again :wink:

Just to throw this out there.

My friend and I are running big B5 stuff at Dreamation in New Jersey if anyone is interested!

http://www.dexposure.com/d2009.html

If anyone would like to come, we are there and we would love to meet some of the fellows on this forum. I know a greater majority is in England but still wanted to extend the invitation.

We are also running our second RPG/MINI event. The first one was amazing. We are looking to try to sneak it in an S&P before B5 ACTA is gone.

-OTSK

Kennyboy, Kennyboy - I'd love to say that I've calmed down over this last year, but I would of course be lying, but just for you boys I shall keep my neo-facist ramblings to myself!hahahahaha

In all fairness, even though I've only ever had the shit kicked out of me by your lot, I still like playing against you.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll once again.

yep we're in negotiations for a room but looks like it'll be a rather compressed tourney.. as the only room can get at the Game Store in Aldershot can hold a max of 8 or 10 players (barely!)
watch this space!
Definately myself and Jim and posibly Burger (?) may well be able to make the Walsall event..tbh the previous format was great and would be what we'd use fun beast, so no need to write huge amounts!

not doing a North one, far too little interest for me to even try to set any dates. depending on baby, I'll try to get to Walsall for one last Hurrah!

Back