A sad day for me...

Vortex

Mongoose
Last friday was a very sad day for me as a B5 fan. I watched Legend of the Rangers and despite some little things, I liked it a lot and when it ended I wondered what could have followed. And then I became sad because I realised I had just seen the last B5 footage that I hadn't seen. Five B5 seasons, 13 Crusade episodes and 6 movies. I do hope they indeed make the movies/episodes mentioned in an other topic on this forum.

Concerning Legend of the Rangers, has any Mongoose product described this movie (characters, ships, technologies, races). I just loved the weapon control system even though it doesn't really make sense and the actress was quite average in that scene, it's just cool. I would be interested in seeing game stats for that device…

Vortex said:
Concerning Legend of the Rangers, has any Mongoose product described this movie (characters, ships, technologies, races). I just loved the weapon control system even though it doesn't really make sense and the actress was quite average in that scene, it's just cool. I would be interested in seeing game stats for that device…

Stats for the Liandra and her targeting system are in Ships of the Galaxy, p. 75.

Don't be too sad, there has been an announcement that JMS has been greenlighted to produce some new B5 shorts for DVD release.

See this thread

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19187&start=0

LBH

The first part of an intended three part series, covering Legend of the Rangers in Signs and Portents, can be found here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1255&qsSeries=13

The stats are in first edition though. Part 2 was to feature the ships that are seen in Legend of the Rangers. I know exactly what was coming in Parts 2 and 3 (I should do, I wrote them) but until they hopefully appear in S&P, I can't comment.

The Hand are mentioned in the Vorlons and Shadows book.

Chobbly

Vortex said:
Last friday was a very sad day for me as a B5 fan. I watched Legend of the Rangers and despite some little things, I liked it a lot and when it ended I wondered what could have followed. And then I became sad because I realised I had just seen the last B5 footage that I hadn't seen. Five B5 seasons, 13 Crusade episodes and 6 movies. I do hope they indeed make the movies/episodes mentioned in an other topic on this forum.

I was sad after I watched it too, but not because I liked it. What I like even less is the fact that it was the last time Andreas Katsulas portrayed G'Kar. I wish he could have gone out on something of a little higher quality than that.

I just loved the weapon control system even though it doesn't really make sense and the actress was quite average in that scene, it's just cool.

That was actually one of the parts that I specifically didn't like. Sorry. The graphics were nifty, but the idea has so many flaws, I can't believe that JMS ran with it.

Vortex said:

I agree that it was sad watching legends of the rangers... although for vey different reasons, last we saw of a very poorly scripted G'Kar.. he deserved more. A huge plot hole, stupid story (come on, a victory or sharlin would have been used to transport the dignataries) and the worst targeting system idea ever.

hiffano said:
I agree that it was sad watching legends of the rangers... although for vey different reasons, last we saw of a very poorly scripted G'Kar.. he deserved more.

Actually, I thought G'Kar was very well scripted in the movie - absolutely, 100% G'Kar - there just wasn't enough of him.

Nah, it was the Rangers who got the duff scripting in this one :(

hiffano said:
A huge plot hole, stupid story (come on, a victory or sharlin would have been used to transport the dignataries)

Given that the Victory class hasn't been completeted yet and is being built in secret elsewhere, that's a no-no, and as the Rangers were entrusted to the mission, and they do not have Sharlins at their disposal, they sent the biggest, newest ship they had (also their fastest you'll note...). It was in EA territory as well (Beta Duranae), so sending in a Sharlin is not a good move...

hiffano said:
and the worst targeting system idea ever.

Now there I will agree in the most part, I can excuse the premise of it away fairly easily, but the execution and presentation sucked - not good telly :(

Back