2300AD future products?

ScottyG

Mongoose
Are there plans to continue support for the (Traveller) 2300ad line?

Quality adventure/campaign material would be awesome....

To the best of my knowledge, there's never been a 2300 specific forum here. It was discussed here not that long ago but I don't know if it was ever officially requested.

ScottyG said:
Are there plans to continue support for the (Traveller) 2300ad line?

Quality adventure/campaign material would be awesome….
Yes there is.

There seems to be a slow down in Traveller releases generally, currently, most likely because of an imminent announcement of a new Traveller edition.

However, the general plan was for the French Arm to get fleshed out along with some more technical books for spaceship design, etc, before moving on to the American and Chinese Arms. I think, once the new edition comes out we ought to see quite a few releases for 2300AD as it’s a popular setting in its own right.

On the Mongoose front page there are references to Commercial Spacecraft, Aerospace Engineers Handbook, 2300ad Bayern and Atlas of the French Arm.

It's rumoured that the new Mongoose Traveller is changing the ship designs, that would seem good cause for a delay to 3 of the 4 books listed.

It's all hearsay at the moment, please don't take this as gospel.

Hi there

Bayern is written and is in first pass proofing and editing at the moment.

G.

The Aerospace Engineer's Handbook has been pushed back due to the planned release of the new version of Traveller.
Atlas of the French Arm is in layout right now, and should be out fairly soon. I am currently working on Aliens of the French Arm.

As noted above, Gavin has finished the Bayern campaign, and I just have to give it a final review.

There will be an announcement in the next month or so about 2300AD and the new edition of Traveller.

Beyond that, 2016 should see the release of Aerospace Engineer's Handbook, Mission Arcturus, Atlas of the Chinese Arm, and likely Ships pf the Chinese Arm, along with possibly Chinese Arm Adventures. There are three adventures in the process of being written by other authors, along with some military sourcebooks (French Foreign Legion, Texas Rifles, and Russian Rapid Response Group). There may be 1 or 2 other products coming out in 2016 as well.

Back