2300 AD - UNP for the United States

GunbunnyFuFu

Banded Mongoose
I'm generating a character from the Core world, and looking for the Universal National Profile (UNP) of the United States of America. I've not been able to locate it...anyone know what book it is in?

Thanks

GBFF

Taken from the previous edition, America’s UNP is BA99847-B Ri In 3 5.

The current box set, however, has focussed on the colonies as a priority and only includes details of Core Worlds in an appendix. The UNP classifications aren’t given in this set.

TrippyHippy said:
Taken from the previous edition, America’s UNP is BA99847-B Ri In 3 5.

The current box set, however, has focussed on the colonies as a priority and only includes details of Core Worlds in an appendix. The UNP classifications aren’t given in this set.

Thanks. I'm still pretty miffed about the focus on the Frontier, almost to the exclusion of the Core worlds. Just going over data entry projects for entering 2300AD into Fantasy Grounds, and finding a lot of missing data, or badly edited data. Going to have to break out the 1e version myself, I fear, until their editing department wakes up. My hope is that it doesn't go to print in it's current state with the number of errors....

GB

I think the editing issues are getting ironed out slowly, and should be fine before going to print.

I think the greater concern for me is more the overall design brief. The decision was made to make the box set, and not make it standalone, in order to be able to fit more stuff in. The problem as I see it, is the stuff they are prioritizing is more in the graphical display of tech and vehicles - rather than the Core Worlds in the setting. We have seen an appendix added, so you can generate these characters at least, and we will probably see a Core Worlds supplement at some stage. But it feels a bit like short change when you are hoping to get Core World information as a priority.

TrippyHippy said:
I think the editing issues are getting ironed out slowly, and should be fine before going to print.

I think the greater concern for me is more the overall design brief. The decision was made to make the box set, and not make it standalone, in order to be able to fit more stuff in. The problem as I see it, is the stuff they are prioritizing is more in the graphical display of tech and vehicles - rather than the Core Worlds in the setting. We have seen an appendix added, so you can generate these characters at least, and we will probably see a Core Worlds supplement at some stage. But it feels a bit like short change when you are hoping to get Core World information as a priority.

I have to agree here. Being a long time player of 2300, I didn’t notice it at first, but yes, the Core box really should have a lot more setting material. The original box sets weren’t wall-to-wall setting fluff, but they had a decent overview of the history and short descriptions of nearly every nation on Earth. The current iteration of the history is too vague and leaves a lot wiggle room. That’s fine for sandbox settings but opens the door to so many canon arguments…something that would never happen with 2300AD fans :D .

Note that the 300 million population of 1st Mongoose edition is a lot more than than the just over 200 million of GDW 2300AD.

France is 100,000 (a typo for 100 million? ca. 106 million in GDW))
Germany is 50,000 (a typo. 105 million in GDW)
Britain is 80 million (ca. 112 million in GDW)
Japan is 200 million
Manchuria is 700 million (hugely up from ca. 280 million in GDW after the typo is corrected*)

* People think China is prosperous, but the territory of Manchuria, including Tibet etc. had "only" about a population of 120 m in the 1990's. Most Chinese people live in the fertile and much larger 2k3 nation of Canton.

Back