2000AD RPGs reboot?

Hionhurn

Mongoose
Any chance that the d20 versions could be updated and rebooted?

With D&D and Pathfinder OGLs etc, would be great to see new material coming out even Rogue Trooper, battles of nu-earth playing norts/ southers and getting supporting miniature products from Warlord?

Lots of opportunities to be had in reprint and expansions of these products as they are still popular, certainly more so than the RQ or Traveller versions.

Keep well,
Steven

I would encourage this actually. There may be a drive towards making the 2000AD into Traveller supplements again, but I'd like to make them distinct as their own line - like Paranoia is. If there is an avenue towards tapping into the old D20 market then that may be a way of going about it, or maybe releasing the games in multiple books for multiple systems?

With regards to the Traveller system, having played Judge Dredd with it there are some issues. Mainly, character development is actually dependent of experience in a way that isn't required in the Traveller game. In Traveller, character development occurs by way of actual cash rewards (Credits) which can then be spent on different personal and spaceship enhancements. It works well like that, and pretty much anything (including skills training) can be bought. The trouble in Judge Dredd is that there isn't really scope for advancing through monetary means - you're playing Judges! As such, PCs don't really advance in any meaningful way. Beyond that, there are too many skills of which many are redundant to the setting.

We are indeed chatting to the guys at 2000AD about this, though I am not sure yet when they would fit into the development schedule (with our policy of fewer but bigger and better books).

msprange said:
We are indeed chatting to the guys at 2000AD about this, though I am not sure yet when they would fit into the development schedule (with our policy of fewer but bigger and better books).
With the success of the Kickstarter, may be you should also consider this option.

Returning to this as a topic, I wonder whether the new game (if it gets the green light) might consider going a bit more in the direction of a full comic strip supers type of game? That is, less emphasis of it being a sci-fi setting (as in Traveller) but more like something like Mutants and Masterminds or Champions in effect?

Back