X-Com RPG

I`m going to mix BF and SST ADVENTURE GAME into one game system, and use it for many ideas ie/

zombies
xcom
halo
aliens
gears of war
ghost recon /rainbow

etc, etc...

I will work on some stats for aliens and weapons, and see where i can post it for you to read, and of course input.
Once we are happy with the forces, we can work on a system for humans to roll before each mission / month to see if they understand alien tech and can then make they own stuff...

Wish me luck i`m going in.

If you wish to help, read basic evo rules, and the bits in the new S&P 40, AND let you mind take over....
Alan

I've run an X-COM campaign based on d20 modern (prior to the release of d20 Future). It came out really well. I still have my material somewhere.

As for a minis game. I think something akin to Games Workshop's Necromunda would work really well for it. I'd have to demand a full plastic line though, cuz otherwise re-equipping is a pain in the butt for minis. Heck, for coolness factor, make 'em 30mm or 40mm scale minis so we got room to fully detail out individual squad members or pet aliens.

I have to say I would also just love a decent x-com rpg. The potential is fantastic. Very gritty and hard nosed combat though I guess its, in a way, playing x files from the smoking man's point of view.

Have you tried UFO: Extraterrestrials. It's so very close to the original game.

I still throw my support behind an X-Com RPG!

K

I know this thread is very old, but if anybody's interested. I've started working out an XCOM rpg using CortexPlus, the system that Leverage RPG uses. It's very flexible and robust so I'm excited to see what it can do with XCOM.

I've only played UFO: Enemy Unknown (and never even got halfway through it), so that's where I'll focus. Check out my thoughts on the design process and let me leave comments with your thoughts.

What are the most important/fun parts of UFO Enemy Unknown that you want to see in an RPG? If you have done any work on XCOM rpgs I'd love for you to send me links to any info or number crunching you have. I'm not a fan of number crunching myself so I'd greatly appreciate benefiting from your expertise with the game.

Check it out, and follow along as I explore the process of crafting an rpg worthy to be associated with XCom on my blog Exploring Infinity

Alright, this project has claimed much more of my attention than I expected it would.

I just posted a deep dive into making the couple simple rules I'm using for this to work for all layers of play, especially the macro-levels of Research, Engineering, Finances, etc. acted out by players as individual Commanders of X-Com. Check it out, it takes what I've done so far and turns a pretty substantial corner with it, or rather takes a step up with it. I'm excited about what possibilities are opening up, but I'm a biased of course.

Keep watching and contribute your thoughts, participate in the process. :)
X-Com RPG - Beyond Combat: Running the Organization

~ Chat me up me on Twitter: @Atminn

Same here loved XCOM the PC game, although the others I wasnt too keen on, except for XCOM Apocalypse which was fun.

Its potential audience would be massive as it would rope in all the XCOM, as well as all the millions of V, UFO and X Files fans. The recent updated V series shows how popular this whole UFO/alien thing still is.

I can still remember my brother and I used to play UFO as kids jumping into UFO interceptors (the ends of our bunk beds) and there was some superb stuff on that programme, not to mention all the neat present day technology versus the high tech aliens from the shows V and X Files. You could create a UFO investigating/defense game that spanned from the 1900s, (HG Wells) through the 1950s (When the Earth Stood Still/Attack of the Flying Saucers/Invaders from Mars) all the way into the present (X Files/V/XCOM/Mars Attacks) and into the future (UFO) to cover all the different films/shows.

Its a massive hole in present RPG games that hasn't been done and is potentially a massive earner for the first person to do it well I think. Now that you have mentioned it I can't believe it hasn't been done yet!! God I wish I had enough money to do it myself!

X-Com is coming back..!!! On the Xbox and Ps3 ( not sure of Pc ) some time this year... so thats the bigger shock i have had on the console games front ever...

Sorry i don`t` have link but its easy to find. Its not the first person shooter but a updated version. Graphics looked amazing.

Shame its not being turned into a tabletop game really so i guess i have to design one..!!!

Watch the skies on the xbox this year....

There is a new xcom game, as well as an xcom inspired game, xenonauts. Both of them look like they will be good.

Also if people want to get the original games, there is a $15 package of all 5 original xcom games available through steam, with dos box launchers included as needed for the older games to launch in modern PCs.

I would be interested in both a table miniature based squad game as well as an rpg. There is a lot of potential for the xcom brand, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 'wars' and potential past settings like the roswell crash, or future based settings.

Back