WHY DO WE GAME??????

What makes you game?

• i like the modelling aspect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i like the challenge of meeting someone in a duel, that people dont die in.....

• i like the comradery

• 1&2

• 1&3

• 2&3

• all of the above

• Total voters
dyssnowman said:
Similar thoughts had occured to me, Danny, but I am not saying anything else.

Haha. Yeah...

Well im trying not to spam this topic up much, But i have nothing to say =X

dyssnowman said:
byram said:
@ KJ
wow, you can get women?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! wow, im impressed, a gamer that can get chicks

Now wait a minute, byram, weren't you the one saying that there was a girl that you liked but she happened to have an Italian last name of some repute? :p

LOL, yeah thats right i fogot aboot her........ :lol:

central reasons

1 - I love making things
2 - I like gaming
3 - Its a ludicrously cheap hobby*
4 - No girl friend. Certainly I would game, but I doubt I'd spend so much time making and painting 'those little men' (as one ex put it). Tho I've never had a gaming girlfriend, I don't think I'd be too keen on it.
5 - Mediative - nothing like making things and painting them to hit that zen high.

* as an average.

Well, since I am not in the Armed Forces its the only way that I can legally blowthings up.

I think thats a good enough reason for me!! :D

hassanisabbah said:
central reasons

1 - I love making things
2 - I like gaming
3 - Its a ludicrously cheap hobby*
4 - No girl friend. Certainly I would game, but I doubt I'd spend so much time making and painting 'those little men' (as one ex put it). Tho I've never had a gaming girlfriend, I don't think I'd be too keen on it.
5 - Mediative - nothing like making things and painting them to hit that zen high.

* as an average.

as regards number 4

you def do not want a gaming GF every single one ive met is an emotional night mare !!! they maon and mope if they loose or if they cant paint as well as you,,,, and most are just total head cases !!!

ok im gonna get strung up for this, but im saying it as its true in my ecsperiance. (ive had a few) what you need is a girl who doese her own thing so you can do yours,,

some one needs to correct the english language and remove the freind from girl freind..... think of them as your girl,, you would never stand for the same greif form a freind as you would a girl freind.

i like it , its escapism for me, wife has lots of work to do or she likes doing girlie stuff with her friends, i can shoot in kitchen and keep out of it,, and entertain myself,, or have a bud over pl;ay a game and have a few drinks,,, my wifes friends think its great, one evan whant to have a go at painting now,,(so now im scared of her as she may turn into a freaky girl)

also gives me somthing to lookfarward to and to acheive.

Dude I am so with you there. Except most of the girls I end up with turn out to be a wee bit mental. And most of those Cam women just piss me off with their constant harping on about the bloody game.

Damn it, now I sound like a nut case.

Nope definately I am non-gamer girl guy.

Of course I am prepared to make exceptions.... never say never, gift horses and all that

jeremy said:
Well, since I am not in the Armed Forces its the only way that I can legally blowthings up.

I think thats a good enough reason for me!! :D

Is blowing stuff up illegal? Damn I could be in trouble.... :?

Reasons I play:

I like the people that play with/against. We always have a great time playing (be it Starship Troopers or any of the other fine games out there). I also like the painting aspect of the game as well.

Overall, it's good clean safe fun.

Thanks

duryeaa said:
What, I should try and bond with people over (American) football?

football bad for wargamers. it is dangerous to our glasses and any spare models we haves in our pocketsess. We hates football!

:evil:

The new semi-missus' favourite hobby (being a miniature painter) is to wander around the local GW in as low-cut a top as possible! Its so mean, and yet so funny *smug*

In 40 odd years of wargaming, I have had a changing set of reasons for needing a game/battle.

Most of my working years (retired now), I would picture a bosses or a customer's face on an opponent OR his minies (one at the least). I would often become totally absorbed in a game. Winning was very important.

I won a lot of games, started finding it a little difficult to find opponents. I realised I needed to change my priorities.

Having fun is now number one. I will do the "what happens if I" tactics darn near each time I think of them.

Now.........I don't "have to win". I don't have to prove anything to myself. I DO have to enjoy the games and the people I game with/against. Some laughs at the dice results always help.

wow, all good reasons, guys :D

keep em coming' but lets here some crazy stories while we are at it.....

youve heard a few of mine, 8), so now its ya'lls turn :D

This story isnt about SST, but it's pretty good. I was playing against my uncles crazy Night Goblin army. He has about 500-600 or so of the little buggers, along with some giants, trolls, and other nasty stuff.

In short, every one of my attempts at using crazy SKaven weapons to kill his troops failed. Warplightning Cannon blew up, Warpfire thrower fizzled, so the game was going pretty crappy on my end. My troops died to easily in battle, yadda yadda. Basically my dice were broken, and my crappy playing didnt help much either.

Finally something good happened that made the game worthwhile. My warlock engineer took on a giant, causing it to fall on him, but he survived, and then killed the giant. Now that was sweet. :D Even the seemingly worst game always has some highlights!

ok, heres a gaming story, well 2 actually:

1. GW just released there new cityfight codex, and me and my buds decded to play a few games, and currently...... my emperors champion is still the only oneto take on 11 death + a chaplain, and survive :lol:

2. eye of terror, was getting promoted like crazy, GW stops by game cove, in carlsbad CA. they have a huge mega battle going on ( IIRC around 15k pts +) my emperors, champion single handedly took on a BLOODTHIRSTER and slaid it. although he died in the attempt...... but it was so cool, because even the forces of evil were rooting for me to win, we went through 4 or five turns (turns, not rounds [so we striked at each other 9 times]) of combat..... the GW rep. said "i have never seen any CC so epic, this is going in the battle report, for WD." an sure enough it was...... :D

A story from one of the recent office games - my Bugs were swarming in the centre of the board around a wounded Tanker Bug, ready to make the last push towards the MI lines.

Then from out of the blue (in the air phase, actually), a firestorm missile comes in a vaporises everything I had in that group! Suddenly the bug centre looked very empty :shock:

We could imagine the MI Lt screaming on the 'com "I need air support, NOW!"

Here's another good one (actually better). MY uncle, with the aformentioned Gobbo horde (in a slightly different format, this time with squigs) was playing in a tournament against some Brettonians. Now the scenario was basically about stealing your opponents magic items, and one of the few Bret units left was some knights led by a hero with a big juicy magic standard.

So these knights are gallavanting around the board trying to make the best of the last few turns. My uncle moves his Squigs (horrid little mouths with legs, random and ferocious) and one of them hops over some rocks at the standard bearer (this was a random roll for direction), kills the standard bearer, and therein steals his almost 100 point standard. Everyone was laughing at the thought of this Squig running away with a ceremonial standard from some really pissed of knights.

wow, those are both tooooo funny...... i just have this metal image of that squig going "MEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...." with the standard in his mouth......

now as for the missle thing...... damn thats uber cool, or how about this for the LT:

"damnit fleet, broken arrow......... i say again broken arrow!!!!!"

*fleet ensign on the other end*

"hehehe, oh we'll break his arrow, ;) .... help is on the way...... just remember, when the missle hits cover the most vital organs first :lol: "

byram said:
wow, those are both tooooo funny...... i just have this metal image of that squig going "MEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...." with the standard in his mouth......

now as for the missle thing...... damn thats uber cool, or how about this for the LT:

"damnit fleet, broken arrow......... i say again broken arrow!!!!!"

*fleet ensign on the other end*

"hehehe, oh we'll break his arrow, ;) .... help is on the way...... just remember, when the missle hits cover the most vital organs first :lol: "

Just hope the missle doesn't scatter if it can do that much damage... :twisted:

Squigs are the #1 coolest idea GW ever had, except for Skaven of course. :lol:

Back