Which was the coolest intro?

Which series had the best intro sequence?

• The Pilot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 1

• Season 2

• Season 3

• Season 4

• Season 5

• Crusade

• Total voters
Season 5, i have something with the `marching` musics on sci-fi series, find it fitting. same like the (legendary) Goldsmith march of the original Galactica or the March of the High Guard of S1 of Andromeda...

emperorpenguin said:
Season 3 for me with the brooding music from "Sky Full of Stars"

Same here, plus i love the panning shot of B5 and the great bit with the starfuries fighting rght as ivanova talks about b5 failing.

Lorcan Nagle said:
emperorpenguin said:

Same here, plus i love the panning shot of B5 and the great bit with the starfuries fighting rght as ivanova talks about b5 failing.

Love that bit myself

it is AFAIK the only scene from the opening credits not to actually feature in an episode....
I wonder where it actually comes from? :?

when I say the pilot intro by the way Im refering to the ORIGINAL version with the original music before they changed it for the DVD versrion. You can download the original version here:

http://www.babylonsounds.com/en/pilot_en.html

None, they all suck. I always forward track through them all, until I get to the show. I watched all 4 seasons in one week, after that the my doctor told me I should cut down my cheese intake :twisted:

emperorpenguin said:
Lorcan Nagle said:
emperorpenguin said:

Love that bit myself

it is AFAIK the only scene from the opening credits not to actually feature in an episode....
I wonder where it actually comes from? :?

I think it was only ever intended for the titles. JMS once suggested it was in there as a hint for the Civil War storyline. And there's a pair of panning shots along B5's hull which were devised for the 3rd and 5th series titles as well, but you don't see much of them thanks to the cast being displayed over them. One of the DVDs has an easter egg showing the progress of one of the panning shots from wireframe to finished article (minus the credits)

Absolutely season 5. The music was excuisite and the quotes still send chills up my spine...

"President Clark has signed a decree today declaring marshall law..."
"Your orders have forced us to declare independence..."
"Weapons supplies..."
"Get off their encounter suited butts and do something..."
"You're the one who was..."
"If you go to Za'Ha'Dum you will die..."

Oh yeah... all of it from memory (except for Bester's "weapons supplies" line). I couldn't remember exactly where it fit in.

GOD I LOVED THIS SHOW!

Locutus9956 said:
when I say the pilot intro by the way Im refering to the ORIGINAL version with the original music before they changed it for the DVD versrion. You can download the original version here:

http://www.babylonsounds.com/en/pilot_en.html

Thank you for this. I got my favorite song "No Hiding Place" as well as the speech by Ivonava about Babylon 5 and how it changed everyone.

I don't even like gospel... but I loved that song. And the only reaons I got the second file was because it plays my other favorite song.

Is their any chance someone can give me the name of the song that plays in the background as Babylon 5 explodes? I know it is by Christopher Franke but it would be easier to find (and download) with the name. If you have the name of the album that it is on then that would be an even bigger help. Thanks for any help guys.

there was an episodic soundtrack for Sleeping in Light. I'd say it's your best bet for getting the track, as the two main soundtrack albums predate Season 5.

All the Babylon 5 soundtrack CDs, including the Sleeping in Light one, can be found in 2 places:

1) My personal CD collection, which includes all the signature variants in the collection

OR more usefully

2) http://www.sonicimages.com/action.lasso?-database=Products.fp5&-layout=CGI&-response=/2001/Sub/SIR/b5/index.html&-nothing

LBH

Back