Which REH's stories have you used in your campaign?

Vincent791

Mongoose
No matter what story I read, I always think "Damn! This could be used in my campaign" or "this could be a great hook for an adventure"

Personally I have not used any element from the stories of Howard, but I'm looking forward to do it. The first that comes to my mind is "A witch shall be born"

So, which REH's stories have you used in your campaign? No matter if it's partially.

last night I an NPC wizard in a cell raise the dead guard outside to bring over the keys.

I think that was Scarlet Citadel, but I get all the names muddled up.

I have used The Tower of the Elephant story as a solo adventure for the thief in my group. I used Decamp's Legions of the Dead for a solo adventure for the cimmerian barbarian in the group too. I am currently running the Black Stones of Kovag-Re module from Mongoose, and I am in the process of writing up Robert Jordan's Conan the Magnificent as their next adventure. I'm trying to follow a loose timeline of the various Conan stories. It might not be the official one, but its still fun!

Most of my players are familiar with Howard's Conan stories, so I use a lot of material from his non-Conan stories, such as Black Canaan, Worms of the Earth, Pigeons from Hell and so on. I've even used a couple of plots from his boxing stories.

Most of my players are familiar with Howard's Conan stories, so I use a lot of material from his non-Conan stories, such as Black Canaan, Worms of the Earth, Pigeons from Hell and so on. I've even used a couple of plots from his boxing stories.

Have to read those stories. I'll look for it.

MY party was not aware of Howard's stuff so I had great freedom to choice.
I used entirely the plot of God in the Bowl, putting the party in Conan's place and enjoying them fleeing from a son of Set :twisted:
I used a mini plot from Robert Jordan too.

Back