Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Imperial Japanese Navy

• The Italian Navy

• The French Navy

• Total voters
Initial fleets are British, German, US, Italian, French and Japanese.

Russians are being worked on.

Finns, Swedes and South Americans in the pipeline :)

msprange said:
Wulf Corbett said:
You might be as appalled as I was to hear that originally the book would include the French, but no Italians, to save space... :shock:

What can I say? I had a French girlfriend at the time. . .

Sounds like a good reason to keep them in to me.

I don't know yet, almost certainly more than one. I have the whole Kriegsmarine and very sizeable fleets for the RN and USN. This is a very reasonable game so a bit of everything is possible.

I'll be a homer and vote US, but I may also pick up a Japanese fleet as well as I am most interested in the Pacific battles

2.0 said:
I'll be a homer and vote US, but I may also pick up a Japanese fleet as well as I am most interested in the Pacific battles

Two good choices there, but then I'm biased :wink:

The Kreigsmarine for me, mainly because of the U-boats :twisted:

"On the quiest night, in the darkest hour, the Kreigsmareine returns! The Wolfpack surface for a second time, to make the convoy face its fate!"

Wolfpack by Sabaton.

Kristovich said:

"On the quiest night, in the darkest hour, the Kreigsmareine returns! The Wolfpack surface for a second time, to make the convoy face its fate!"

Wolfpack by Sabaton.

Alaaaaarrrrmmm!!!! <--- Das Boot (good flick!) :p

Kristovich said:

Wolfpack by Sabaton.

What is the Kreigsmarine??? :?:

OK, I am evil here. As a German is it almost hilarious how often english speaking people mix up Krieg and Kreig.
Kreig has no meaning at all! :lol:

So for me it is the Kriegsmarine. Basically because the fleet is already painted up and the Bismarck design is still on of the most beautiful BB designs I know. (As far as you can talk of beauty when talking about a death bringing, sea raiding 40.000+ ton of steel monster…)

Agis said:
So for me it is the Kriegsmarine. Basically because the fleet is already painted up and the Bismarck design is still on of the most beautiful BB designs I know. (As far as you can talk of beauty when talking about a death bringing, sea raiding 40.000+ ton of steel monster…)
To me, the RN ships look functional and... well, like warships. They're my baseline to compare all others to. Germany's contributions look massive, blocky and heavyweight (which is a good thing in a warship). USN ships look like... erm... what do they look like again?

But for me the Japanese fleet looks the most interesting, some elaborate almost baroque pagodas, some sleek and stylish hulls (the Yamato is about the finest looking warship I kan think of), and overall just a fleet full of blended form & function.

Which is a pity, as I have very little intesest at all in the Pacific War...

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
But for me the Japanese fleet looks the most interesting, some elaborate almost baroque pagodas, some sleek and stylish hulls (the Yamato is about the finest looking warship I kan think of), and overall just a fleet full of blended form & function.

Wulf

You mean those pagodas they have on deck?

Wulf Corbett said:

Wulf

The Yamato is beautiful, but I'd be singing "Star Blazers" to myself all day while playing it

It's bad enough everytime I think of this game, "Sink the Bismark" by Johnny Horton haunts my inner thought ;)

Agis said:
What is the Kreigsmarine??? :?:

OK, I am evil here. As a German is it almost hilarious how often english speaking people mix up Krieg and Kreig.
Kreig has no meaning at all! :lol:

I'll bet you have a fit when someone leaves the "c" out in Bismarck, then? :wink: . Seriously, I thank you for any corrections, as it can only help to be more accurate. You are not evil, so there! :)

As for the Japanese ships, they are beautiful in their appearance. Don't let the fact that those warships have a chrysanthemum mounted on their bows let you drop your guard on the gaming table. You will regret your lapse in judgement. As for pagodas, they did in fact let them see you before you could properly see them because of the height and those superb Japanese optics that they saw you with. Night attacks with superior optics and training beat the pants off of the USN using early versions of radar. Better later radar and damage control evened the odds for the US, but the IJN still had those unequaled wakeless 24" torpedoes called "Long Lance" :wink: .

2.0 said:
The Yamato is beautiful, but I'd be singing "Star Blazers" to myself all day while playing it
Fortunately I can't remember the tune - but I have a full set of minis as stand-ins if need be 8)

Wulf

Back