Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orieni

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

We are considering a new fleet or two for next year. Which should we do? The poll features our short list.

The covert EA one may sound a bit weird, but you will be hearing all sorts of things about them in the novels and (I am guessing) maybe Lost Tales.

If we do Belt Alliance, we may allow Raiders to 'dip' into the list too.

Everything else should be fairly straight forward. So, what will be your pleasure?

Burger said:
<Noob> Who are the Belt Alliance? </Noob>

started out as a kind of private security cartel for protecting asteroid miners from raiders in the mars-jupiter asteroid belt, hence the term "Belt alliance"
Since then has expanded, long story, blah, blah but they fought the Boneheads in the war.
Check out the EA factbook for more.

A splinter group who were in earth controled space before the centari arrived Around the 3rd world war see the EA Book for the rpg 1st ed

I went with Gaim but I'd just as happily see Pak'ma'ra/Ipsha

As a Centauri player I'd like to see the Orieni too.

But not the 3rd space aliens. They were in one film and will never be seen again, different dimensions and all.

More EA? No thanks, they're turning into your Space Marines! :lol:

I went with Oreini.

'Cos they'd be fun in the modern era as abandoned Vorlon Minions, plus with something of a grudge against the Drakh too, but probably against most of the younger races for having driven their gods off.

I went for Pak'Ma'Ra. After the EA, they're the most recognisable race on the list, and there's enough EA out there at the moment that we can wait. I never really liked the Thirdspace aliens. Nice idea but horribly shoehorned into the timeline.

Thirdspace for me.
Sure they were only in 1 film and can't possibly enter our dimension blah blah... but hey we have Dilgar fighting ISA, so why not :p

Shadow Queen said:
who are the Oreini?

a race from the galactic east of the Centauri Republic. They were quite devoted followers of the Vorlons. Allied to the Drazi against the Centauri, fought a long bloody war with the Centauri and were eventually defeated, hundreds of years before the B5 timeline.

emperorpenguin said:
Shadow Queen said:
who are the Oreini?

a race from the galactic east of the Centauri Republic. They were quite devoted followers of the Vorlons. Allied to the Drazi against the Centauri, fought a long bloody war with the Centauri and were eventually defeated, hundreds of years before the B5 timeline.

Not quite a real victory per se, though the Centauri came out of the war much better than the Orieni (who lost their chance to be the major galactoc power), but not that much territory was gained by the Centauri because of it. The collateral damage though was something else, with quite a few minor races pretty much becoming extinct.

I'd love to see how the Hunter Killers translate to ACtA :)

frobisher said:
Not quite a real victory per se, though the Centauri came out of the war much better than the Orieni (who lost their chance to be the major galactoc power), but not that much territory was gained by the Centauri because of it. The collateral damage though was something else, with quite a few minor races pretty much becoming extinct.

I'd love to see how the Hunter Killers translate to ACtA :)

I thought I'd put a Centauri propaganda spin on it!

That said I most recently read the Primus ship plans and they give the impression that the war was a Centauri walkover, at odds with the AOG stuff

I'd avoid the Thirdspace aliens as they stretch the boundaries of "what if?" to the limit and by all accounts would trounce the Vorlons... not much of a gaming fleet, by my reckoning.

I'd also avoid yet more EA aside from a couple of new ships for the lower levels in the Crusade list.

Otherwise, any and all of those choices look good.

Lord David the Denied said:
I'd avoid the Thirdspace aliens as they stretch the boundaries of "what if?" to the limit and by all accounts would trounce the Vorlons... not much of a gaming fleet, by my reckoning.

I'd also avoid yet more EA aside from a couple of new ships for the lower levels in the Crusade list.

Otherwise, any and all of those choices look good.

Agreed....I think they would be way too powerful

emperorpenguin said:
I thought I'd put a Centauri propaganda spin on it!

That said I most recently read the Primus ship plans and they give the impression that the war was a Centauri walkover, at odds with the AOG stuff

Though the plans' text are presented "in setting" so of course all the reports that got out would say that :)

I think if the war was a walkover, there would be little value producing the Orieni as a fleet for ACtA. Say, what about the Alacans..? :D

Back