where do you run your Conan games?

Portland, Oregon. Sheesh - no one plays this here in the Northwest?

I have a group of 5 but I am looking for one more...

Deadpool, I play in Bellingham, WA. A few hours up I-5. Wish you were a bit closer....

I only play once a month but we play all day on Saturday (10:00 to 10:00). I actually have 2 people making a 3 hour drive to play (one in Seattle area and the other in Bend, OR).

Let me know if you are still in.

Mythos said:
Diabolus said:
Columbus, Ohio
You wouldn't need another player by chance?

Actually I have too many as it is. I have 6-8 regulars and challenging a large group in a D20 setting is extremely challenging. If the big bad guy rolls a low initiative it can be all over for him before he has a chance to go at all.

So "boss" encounters require a bunch of fodder to keep the boss from being one-rounded and the combats take forever.

Deadpool said:
Portland, Oregon. Sheesh - no one plays this here in the Northwest?

I have a group of 5 but I am looking for one more...

Hey now, there are some others in the GNW! I run a game down in Corvallis, OR. a couple times a month, but always on the weeknights. It is easier for me than the weekends.

City of Wonder, Valusia, some 15,000 years before the Great Cataclysm that will destroy the Thurian continent and shape the Hyborian continent.

The King said:
City of Wonder, Valusia, some 15,000 years before the Great Cataclysm that will destroy the Thurian continent and shape the Hyborian continent.

Man, that's one sweet Internet hook up. My space/time interface always keeps fritzing up at the 100 year mark...

Raven

The King said:

Sweet! Heading there next month for a convention titled - "15,000 years is not that long - Surviving Cataclysm's" . Mayhap, we can game.

In fact as I had to consider this 15,000 years timeline because when I wrote of the great cataclysm some could have made a confusion with the recent tidal wave.
Now imagine whole parts of a continent imerging while other parts emerge. That is what happened at the end of the Thurian Age.

Therefore I suggest we game on some unsunkable ship or best in an airship.

The King said:
Has anyone thrown dices with Cthulhu and won?
Cthulhu always wins on an 01-05.

House rule from high school role-playing freinds: You can call the name of Cthulhu any time you feel like it. Each time you do, there's a 5% chance the Mighty One will appear and take you to a slow hell. If you're some wierdo who tries to taunt by repeating his name (like "Beetlejuice" or "Candyman"), then ONE of the Deep Ones will just show up and take you away because you've annoyed a lot of them down in the deeps.

Bregales said:
The King said:
Has anyone thrown dices with Cthulhu and won?
Cthulhu always wins on an 01-05.

House rule from high school role-playing freinds: You can call the name of Cthulhu any time you feel like it. Each time you do, there's a 5% chance the Mighty One will appear and take you to a slow hell. If you're some wierdo who tries to taunt by repeating his name (like "Beetlejuice" or "Candyman"), then ONE of the Deep Ones will just show up and take you away because you've annoyed a lot of them down in the deeps.
That's the reason why I suggested to play on an airship where neither deep ones nor cthulhu can reach me excepted in dreams.
Just don't let the dices fall.

The King said:
That's the reason why I suggested to play on an airship where neither deep ones nor cthulhu can reach me excepted in dreams.
Just don't let the dices fall.
Yeah, I thought that's what you meant. :twisted:

We used this rule in all games in our old group - try to roll in a session of the West End Star Wars rpg while saying, "Some things you just shouldn't fool around with." My current group of players just never tempts, they just insult whoever's the DM that night. :)

Hamburg, Germany.
Though we're not actually playing Conan at this time. We paused for a homebrew game of Firefly first and Star Wars now.

Wicked Tinker said:
Deadpool, I play in Bellingham, WA. A few hours up I-5. Wish you were a bit closer.... :)

Hey just a bit closer :D

I am from Seattle (West Seattle) WA. We generally play over in North Seattle area

Back