Where are the Lone Wolf MPRPG books?

Random Code said:
Matt, I really think you need to consider treating customers fairly and consistently here.

We have every intention of doing so. However, I have no idea who TYA is. If he gets in touch with his name, address, and order number, we are going to be able to help him out a lot faster than if we backtrack everything from our end.

msprange said:
Random Code said:
Matt, I really think you need to consider treating customers fairly and consistently here.

We have every intention of doing so. However, I have no idea who TYA is. If he gets in touch with his name, address, and order number, we are going to be able to help him out a lot faster than if we backtrack everything from our end.

Sorry, I've misunderstood what you're offering Megadeal customers. Your announcement just mentions a store credit. Are you saying here that you're also offering, as an option to people, refunds on their megadeal based on the outstanding amount of books? If you are, then I really think you need to make that crystal clear in your announcement as it completely changes the way it will be received.

With all due respect Matthew, I realise this is probably a hugely disappointing and stressful time for you but I shouldn't need to be chasing you. I have emailed you a brief note with my real name, but in fairness, that's all you should need, you've managed to mail out my books without any issue despite a change of address. I really think you ought to just mail a cheque to everyone on the Megadeal mailing list for their outstanding balance.

Matt, you already have that information. You've mailed 17 books to me, book number 8 twice. I'm tired of playing the "chase Matt" game for little dribbles of info (at best). I don't feel like doing so anymore just to give you information you already have. I don't understand what further information you need.

Random Code said:
News here: http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=55464

Very disappointing to say the least but I suspected it as per my previous posts.

If Mongoose have no other products that you're at all interested in then your Megadeal money looks to be lost. I've sent them an email regarding my other pre-orders (eg, Stornlands II, Kai Monastery, and Drakkharim) requesting a full refund as the announcement isn't clear on those.

OK, I've read all the psots here and I'm not affected as I never ordered the Megadeal (glad I didn't now)

But while Matthew's offer of full cost in "store credit" might be acceptable to some not everyone will find that suitable. Had I been affected, I already own everythign Mongoose has in print that I want (Bar one NA ship) so it'd be no use to me.

I think Mongoose should offer the additional option as being entirely fair: A pro rata discount for the books unreceived. So if you got n books from a series of y that you paid for at a cost of P you would get a refund of ((y-n)/y)*P.

Furthermore, I believe (not sure, not a lawyer, but I know a contract lawyer) basic UK contract law allows/enforces for the "back to square 1" concept. That is to say you could return all the books you had received and get a full cash refund of the complete purchase cost. Not sure though about the incidental shipping costs.

I'm sure Mongoose won't need that big a stick held over them though.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Furthermore, I believe (not sure, not a lawyer, but I know a contract lawyer) basic UK contract law allows/enforces for the "back to square 1" concept. That is to say you could return all the books you had received and get a full cash refund of the complete purchase cost. Not sure though about the incidental shipping costs.

Agree with everything you've stated, as is evident in my previous posts, but I'm not sure this is a requirement due to the elapsed time with regard to the sale of each item involved and then if parties disagree you're into messy litigation to decide who's right. Besides it's a somewhat redundant option as the books received (i) aren't useless, (ii) have value, and (iii) have been read (presumably) by the receiving party. Which are also reasons why I don't think you're correct about the return and full refund being an option under law (ie, those reasons along with the time frame invalidate it).

Anyway, let's not focus/distract on that.

The primary concern now is for Matt to confirm what I asked previously:

Will all Mega Deal customers be offered a pro-rata refund of a reduced amount based on the books they have already received.

This should be addressed/confirmed ASAP as the 'shop credit' option won't be acceptable to many MD customers and currently it's the only one categorically on offer based on Matt's official announcement.

Will this be confirmed before this forum closes?

Elapsed time is not an issue if you use contract law for this, the contract is still in force because it has not been completed (in this case by Mongoose).

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Elapsed time is not an issue if you use contract law for this, the contract is still in force because it has not been completed (in this case by Mongoose).

I didn't sign a contract with Mongoose I ordered product from them, which falls under different laws as far as I'm aware - ie, Sales of Goods Act, etc. Anyway, like I said, I'm more concerned about getting this answered:

Will all Mega Deal customers be offered a pro-rata refund of a reduced amount based on the books they have already received.

Let's not distract Matt any further with other messy discussions during this difficult and frustrating time for him and us. Thanks.

While you didn't sign a piece of paper, there was an implied contract on mongoose to supply the books you ordered.

Anyway, on the pro rate refund front, it is not without precedent for Mongoose to offer it. They offered people full vale "store credit" or pro rate cash refund when they cancelled the print edition of the S&P magazine and people had outstanding terms on their subscriptions.

LBH

Back