Where´s Hyboria´s Bestiary?

MGBM

Mongoose
Some time ago Hyboria's Bestiary had a release date set, but now it´s gone and even though new books have been added to the Conan list like Ruins of Hyboria and Stygia, there's still no sign of the bestiary. Has it been cancelled? I would pay to have a bestiary that had tons of human NPCs all with stats. I believe the bestiary would be a nice addition to the Conan repertoire.

A bestiary, by definition, would probably not have humans, unless you consider humans to be beasts. Then again, given the evil-doers in Hyboria, you may be on to something... :wink:

The old term animalia was broad enough to include humans, if I remember my Aristotle correctly.

Yogah of Yag said:
A bestiary, by definition, would probably not have humans, unless you consider humans to be beasts. Then again, given the evil-doers in Hyboria, you may be on to something... :wink:

Mankind are beasts- anyone who says differnt is being snobbish. 8)

But yeah- where's the freakin' book? or for that matter, the ones already publushed?

how much drink gets you publushed raven :shock: :lol: and have read and saved the downloads they are sweet and await the next one :wink: 8)

toothill man said:
how much drink gets you publushed raven :shock: :lol: and have read and saved the downloads they are sweet and await the next one :wink: 8)

??? Are you asking how drunk I would have to get to submit my work for publication?

Raven Blackwell said:
toothill man said:

??? Are you asking how drunk I would have to get to submit my work for publication?
Do you feel shame for it or are you just shy?
BTW what is your favorite drink?

Raven Blackwell said:
toothill man said:

I was wondering the same thing - that is too funny! :lol:

But, intriguing as well... :shock:

MGBM said:
Some time ago Hyboria's Bestiary had a release date set, but now it´s gone and even though new books have been added to the Conan list like Ruins of Hyboria and Stygia, there's still no sign of the bestiary. Has it been cancelled? I would pay to have a bestiary that had tons of human NPCs all with stats. I believe the bestiary would be a nice addition to the Conan repertoire.

I don't think it's cancelled (it's too essential for abandoning), but simply delayed like almost every CONAN product was. After some pondering I tend to believe that someone on the Mongoose team likes showing the sweets to kids, only to put them out of reach on the highest shelf again... :cry:

Raven Blackwell said:
toothill man said:

no just your spelling which is normally lovely let you down and publushed does sound like someone have had too many.so well done for inventing a new word and look forward to the new downlaods as much as the brilliant ones you have done so far 8)

The King said:
Raven Blackwell said:

Do you feel shame for it or are you just shy?

This is hardly your business or on topic, but as I have stated before I really don't want to be a writer. I've had three short works published before and frankly it didn't thrill me so I stopped trying to get published and decided to spend time on what I enjoy. My time here is usually just the result of moments when I have nothing else to do.....

The blood of my enemies and an occasional strawberry Yahoo.

[Ten geek points to the one who can identify the source of the quote]

toothill man said:
no just your spelling which is normally lovely let you down and publushed does sound like someone have had too many.

:roll: Okay I get it. Note everyone Raven didn't blow hertop but asked for an explanation first. She's feeling much better now......

Raven Blackwell said:
The King said:
The blood of my enemies and an occasional strawberry Yahoo.
Blood is red for friend for ennemy and for animals. It must be difficult to tell the difference; unless you bleed it yourself of course.
An East-European princess of the middle age used to take bath in the blood of virgin maiden as a youth elixir.

The King said:
I used to like Blue vs Grey as a war boardgamer but I don't know about this Blue vs Red.

Red vs. Blue is a popular Internet cartoon series based on the HALO series of games. My responce was a popular punchline from the second season.

Raven Blackwell said:
The King said:
I used to like Blue vs Grey as a war boardgamer but I don't know about this Blue vs Red.

Red vs. Blue is a popular Internet cartoon series based on the HALO series of games. My responce was a popular punchline from the second season.
I am sorry I appear as an ignorant there.

The King said:
Raven Blackwell said:
The King said:

I am sorry I appear as an ignorant there.

That or less of a geek than me...8)

Back