• Regular Tanker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thorny Tanker

• King Tanker

• Total voters
JLS83WARRIOR said:
Has any one ever ran 133 warriors in a 2000 point game?

Yes.

I have even run 100 worker/warriors in a 1000 point game as PL1

I don't like doing it though cause I always win and the games are not fun.

Even on a 4x8 table, with a hundred bugs, there are very few places that the MI can jump to without causing a reaction by the bugs on the ground. Combine that with swarming and the game rapidly degenerates into rolling a bunch of dice and watching the troopers die.

I can give you a picture of what a hundred bugs on a table looks like, but picture this - a hundred bugs, closely packed, still covers a 4x4 table.

Now, 757 worker/warriors, now that truely covers a basement floor.......
10000 point games, gotta luv em.

best regards

Dalton

Yeah, I have changed my mind, after reading the thornys stats properly, I love it to bits. It can react :).

Well, i would think two tankers is enough because i'm a MI player and hate all tankers so i of course didn't vote.

Death to all Tankers!!! :twisted:

I have had much love for the normal tanker, BUT,..... the thorny tanker has become my all time favorite bug of destruction. Since unlike its normal cousin, it can react. The react has made a huge difference in my games, since it really makes the MI nervous.

Ya, of course it makes us nervous!, A giant insect charging you and you can't fight back because all you have is Morita's would make anyone nervous! :shock:

I would suggest you order some sniper rifles then, those are beyond useful. Accurate is a very nice trait. Im glad Neural beamers have it.

Ya i have only one sniper rifle and acouple triple thuds but the triple thuds are pack and take to long to kill a tanker, but the piercing 1 helps. Then there is the holepunch missile with the D10 and piercing 2.

NCO Kleeves said:
Ya i have only one sniper rifle and acouple triple thuds but the triple thuds are pack and take to long to kill a tanker, but the piercing 1 helps. Then there is the holepunch missile with the D10 and piercing 2.
Got to remember that the holepunch is accurate as well, so that's D10+4 vs a Tanker.

Grah said:
NCO Kleeves said:
Got to remember that the holepunch is accurate as well, so that's D10+4 vs a Tanker.
It's called cannon fodder (ei. massive swarms of warrior bugs)! Screen those tankers with warrior swarms, the MI will have to take out the front line, eventually forcing them to face the tanker and lose! 8)

Once again, why was the thorny postponed for 3 months till when it was one of the first new bugs to be sculpted? :?:

Dr. Rooster said:
Grah said:
NCO Kleeves said:
It's called cannon fodder (ei. massive swarms of warrior bugs)! Screen those tankers with warrior swarms, the MI will have to take out the front line, eventually forcing them to face the tanker and lose! 8)

Once again, why was the thorny postponed for 3 months till when it was one of the first new bugs to be sculpted? :?:

Remember, its all about casting. There is more important (in their opinion) stuff that needs to be done. Some of the forth are done (as far as I know), those wont be cast for a long long time.

Rob_alderman said:
Dr. Rooster said:
Grah said:

Remember, its all about casting. There is more important (in their opinion) stuff that needs to be done. Some of the forth are done (as far as I know), those wont be cast for a long long time.
Hmm.......ah well. I've pre-ordered it at a 20% discount so I guess all that's left to do is wait. This is gonna be fun! NCO Kleaves, watch your back! :twisted:

Dr. Rooster said:

You can't screen a size 4 model with size 2 models.

Back