Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Light Armoured Mobile Infantry

• Skinnies

• The Forth

• Total voters
I like them for both those reasons :D They're wickedly nice models, they're solid and nasty troops. And they nicely replicate the style of SST in the novel, though not nearly as insanely powerful as those in the novel.

Yeah, they do rock, and the models are great. I'm going to have to order myself some soon. A box of Cougars and 3 of Grizzlies I think.

Reborn said:
Good to see some more Skinnies up. I'm a bit perturbed by the lack of Arachnids though.
The arachnids are a minority in most places as I've heard. I'm the only bug player who has come to my LGS in months! :shock:

In fact, there are more skinnie players regularly showing up at my LGS now! :shock:

And I'm gonna be a Forth player soon... Oh well, one of the skinnie players is an arachnid controled skinnie player, and I'm not totally giving up arachnids! :D

skinnies blates mate. :lol:
yeah though, theres diff types of skinnie
Lord,
General,
Tyrant,
Warchief,
Cabal,
I think thats it. Supposedly a new one coming.

Rob_alderman said:
Lord,
General,
Tyrant,
Warchief,
Cabal,
One with air assets. Will it have a new infantry type? :?:

Arachnid players are rarer, most because the overall cost of an army is much much higher than the MI

seriously the MI can get a full nicely tricked out army for 200$

the bugs it goes up immenesely...

Enough warriors is a big issue, which hopefully the new box will help out, and the specialty bugs (not the big ones) are somewhat cost prohibitive.

Dr. Rooster said:
Rob_alderman said:
Lord,
General,
Tyrant,
Warchief,
Cabal,
One with air assets. Will it have a new infantry type? :?:

Someone in one of the other threads (one of the playtesters, may have been Hiro, not positive) mentioned that these guys were going to not quite be real aircraft, but very fast-moving hover vehicles. Sortof like Hoppers are, very high move-speed, might have some air ability (not sure), but really more like low-flying skimmers then true aircraft.

*wacks Dr. Rooster with a rolled up newspaper*

The Skinnies will be getting something, it's been mentioned to the Playtest group, but stats and other details are not as forthcomming as one would like. Stay tuned!

*wacks Dr. Rooster* Stop using the carpet for that!

Gah. Will three of the Six Good Men die already so I have a chance of becoming one? :x I want all this info first-hand :roll: ;)

Reborn said:
Gah. Will three of the Six Good Men die already so I have a chance of becoming one? :x I want all this info first-hand :roll: ;)

Yeah, but could you imagine spending months in playtesting, knowing all that cool stuff, and not being able to tell anyone about it! It'd be absolute torture!

Nah, I'd feel priveleged. I already know some titbits of information owing to my being in the Mongoose Infantry, so it would be like it is at the moment, only moreso :)

I voted for Exosuit! Even though I have always been a fan of heavy power armour, in the case of the Mobile Infantry it was a very hard choice.

Reborn, I would recommend adding a 'Pathfinder Platoons' in the poll, for there might be players who are fond of fielding the elite Pathfinders into Company levels!

Back