What Conan comic was this story in???

Blackfrost

Mongoose
For weeks I've been trying to recall in what issue of Conan that I read this and I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with it. The story starts off with Conan about to lynch an Aquilonian scout because the guy was trying to steal some loot from his tent. From there Conan is forced to go on an expedition into the Pictish wilderness to locate a lost legion of Aquilonian soldiers that went missing while delivering a tribute of gold to a pict chief. They eventually discover that the mercenaries traveling with the legion turned on the Aquilonian soldiers in an attempt to steal the gold and then after they seized the gold they were in turn destroyed by the picts. It ends with Conan attempting to steal the gold (which has been built into a throne by a pict chief) back from the picts. He almost succeeds but instead winds up losing it while trying to escape. Anyway, it's a good story and the tale itself would make a decent adventure. If anyone can recall what issue of Conan this appeared in PLEEEASE let me know!

That would be The Savage Sword of Conan the Barbarian, Issue 137, June 1987. The story's title was "The Lost Legion" and was written by Charles Dixon.

VincentDarlage said:
That would be The Savage Sword of Conan the Barbarian, Issue 137, June 1987. The story's title was "The Lost Legion" and was written by Charles Dixon.

You scare me. I am very pleased that you're working on the RPG, sir.

zero skill LPB said:
VincentDarlage said:

You scare me. I am very pleased that you're working on the RPG, sir.

I was thinking the very same thing...both thoughts!

:)

<LOL> I really appreciate your help with this because I didn't even have a guess about where to look. I was trying to locate all of the issues I remembered reading concerning the Picts and that one had me stumped.

A sincere thank you for your help!

Back