Weekend Battle

Omnipotent

Mongoose
(moved it to an own topic)

Well...where to start. We had a few battles this weekend, think the most funniest and interesting was the 4 point war EA third age and Crusade vs. Dilgar. We used 4 point war cause that was the max number I as Dilgar could field(well I had to leave my Tikrit Crying or Very sad )

EA Third age fielded:

Omega destroyer
Avenger
Nova
2x Hyperion
2x Hermes
2x Olympos

Crusade:
8x Myrmidons
4x Chronos
Apollo Bombardment
Marathon

I had a blast making my fleet, as I realized I can get my precious Mankhat AND my Mishakur both out! This however meant I had to leave my Tikrit.

I fielded:

Mankhat
Mishakur
4x Targraths
2x Garasoch
2x Ochlavita Ki
3x Jashakar scouts
1x Jashakar torpedo

An asteroid field and a dust cloud were present on the battlefield. Both in a line, a bit on the side.

The EA set up first. Omega, Marathon, Apollo and two hyperions where placed on the side with more room. In respons the Dilgar placed a pentagon of consisting of a Mishakur, Mankhat, Ochlavita Ki and two scouts. EA placed an Avenger behind the dust cloud in cover, together with an Nova(the Dilgar was relived to see it on the field not hiding in HS). The Dilgar placed the pentagon of four Targraths and an Ochlavita on the left(Dilgar view), facing the "narrower" side of the battlefield(divided by the dust cloud and asteroid field lined up in the middle).

The fight went on 3 turns until the EA saw the situation hopeless.

Turn one. My both (I would like to call em super dreadnoughts Wink ) dreadnoughts together with two scouts and a Ochlavita Ki in a pentagon, nearly destroyed a Marathon with there missiles(think it was left with 5 hit points, no evil crits).

Besides the two dreadnoughts fire, the Apollo launched it´s missiles against a scout but did not even cripple it as the Dilgar had fighters to intercept.

Now to the nasty part, at least for the Dilgar, a jump point opens BEHIND four Targraths and an Ochlavita in a pentagon, and in front of two Garasoch. From the JP there appears 2 squadrons of Myrmidons and a squad of Chronos. The cowardly EA opens fire with all there arcs destroying two targraths, a garasoch, a Jashakar scout. If this would not have been enough, they almost cripple one Targrath, and hit moderately good on the Garasoch, Ochlavita and Jashakar torpedo. The Dilgar cryied calculation the amount of hits the EA managed to do with the weapons on myrmidons and Chronos. They counted atleast 120+ hits, from 8 myrmidons and 4 chronos. EA lost 3 Myrmidons.

Turn two. The tide turns towards the EA. The Dilgar cruisers still alive from the pentagon, turns the engines on max and outruns the EA swarm which came out the JP facing the other way. Even the Garasoch manages to get out of arc from all but one myrmidon.

The other Pentagon consisting of the dreadnoughts etc. closed there range towards the Nova, omega, and two hyperions so that there was no escaping there front boltars and pulsars. The EA faced the fact as well, trying to move away from the terrible front arc of the two dreadnoughts, they only managed to give them more weapons to use, as they mistakenly moved there ships on both sides of the fortresses that is called Mankhat and Mishakur, still leaving the Nova and Oracle in front arc. The dreadnougt admirals new there chance had came, as they had the initiative. They fired first, and the destruction was unspeakable. The Nova went out with a blast, so did the Omega, a Hyperion, and Oracle. Unluckily the calculated amount needed to destroy the crippled Marathon was not enough, leaving it with a few crew left.

The second turn and the mistake of giving the super dreadnoughts almost every weapon a target was the thing that turned the tide.

The third turn saw the destruction of the Apolla and Avenger, leaving the EA with a Hyperion, 5 Myrmidons and 4 Chronos. No Dilgar ship was destroyed. EA surrender.

It was funny to realize that I had 32 fighters against 20(as I remember) EA. The battle was fierce but the Dilgars magnificent dreadnoughts proved to be powerful fortresses against EA. Although a nasty surprise from hyperspace did wipe almost all of my destroyers and nearly killed both my garasoch.

I totally loved my two dreadnoughts together in a pentagon...hoooch! Twisted Evil

There was a few other battles including EA Third age against Vree;

The Vree sets up a nasty surprise for the crew of an Omega, opening a JP in it´s side having the initiative!

DA ambush! To the right of the Dreadnoughts

DSCN1795.jpg

The sweet front view of the dilgar torpedo tubes Twisted Evil U can see the Omega on left, Marathon straight ahead, Apollo behind it and the two Hyperions on the right, behind them the Nova and Oracle.

DSCN1793.jpg

The Vree ambush on the Omega

DSCN1796.jpg

Nice report and sweet photos - I love the second photo, feels like you're looking out the bridge window of another Dilgar ship! (well apart from the Carlsberg can in view ;))

a bit off topic, but has anyone noticed that u can travel by helicopter to Mongoose HQ :lol:

LOL, they seem to be expecting high rollers as they have reserved a private landing pad for people with helicopters :lol:

I am a little confused here, but I didn't think you could exit a jump point on the turn it was created. Thus the myrmadons and the Chroni could not have blasted you on turn 1.

dave

As far as I read through all the rules concerning hyperspace there was no mention about not entering "realspace" the same turn u create a jump point.

I believe it states in the FAQ that a jumpoint is opened one turn, and you must wait one turn to come through.

Great battle report, another victory for the Imperium. :twisted:

Did not check the FAQ, thanks!

I must say this does not help EA and it´s slow "just go straight into the fight using all your arcs" ships. Although it seems to make the Vree a bit more playable against :roll:

Also none of the EA Ambush ships had AJP, and there's no scout in either EA fleet, so the turn they revert to realspace they can't shoot anyway.

Edit:

And, unless something's not mentioned, none of the ambush vessels have jump engines at all actually!

the two Hermes opened the JP. The Oracle is indeed on the table, and mentioned in the fleet list...now i am kinda buggered about the fact that I could have crushed EA even more as the JP could have easily been dodged :roll:

erm stop me if Im missing something here but since when do Hermes have jump engines?

EDIT: Well bugger me with a fishfork, they DO have jump drives! How the smeg did I miss that before? I now love Hermes even MORE than I previously did :D

Back