WBH and determining tech level

RadioFreeWABA

Mongoose
I am working on a sector generator for the Deepnight Revelation campaign. Using the WBH, I can determine where native sophonts are. When determining tech level, it seems the DMs are based on the sophonts needing to adapt to the conditions. For example, hydrographics A gives a +2. And the Tech Level and Environment table (pg 175) sets minimum tech levels based on atmospheric conditions. To my thinking, a sophont that is native to the planet and would be adapted to its environment and not require technology to deal with planetary conditions. Am I misinterpreting the charts?

I am working on a sector generator for the Deepnight Revelation campaign. Using the WBH, I can determine where native sophonts are. When determining tech level, it seems the DMs are based on the sophonts needing to adapt to the conditions. For example, hydrographics A gives a +2. And the Tech Level and Environment table (pg 175) sets minimum tech levels based on atmospheric conditions. To my thinking, a sophont that is native to the planet and would be adapted to its environment and not require technology to deal with planetary conditions. Am I misinterpreting the charts?
I would agree that any DMs or minimums based on a world's physical characteristics shouldn't count for natives.
I think I included a note to that effect (at least the DMs bit) in the Sector Construction Guide, but probably not in the WBH.

I would agree that any DMs or minimums based on a world's physical characteristics shouldn't count for natives.
I think I included a note to that effect (at least the DMs bit) in the Sector Construction Guide, but probably not in the WBH.
Thanks.

I am thinking that the age of the system should have a DM for native sophonts; older systems imply the sophont has been around longer so more time to advance technology. Not sure what other DMs for native sophonts make sense.

Back