Walsall Tournament

Right, i've bitten the bullet and booked the 12th as the day... Sorry Ben :cry:

The day should go something like this...

10am -10.30am
Sign-in - Say hi to everyone, taunting optional :D

10.30am - Noon = Game 1 (5 pt Skirmish)
Space Superiority - (terrain, no hyperspace), Max 8 ships (10 Drazi)

Noon = Lunch break - if desired by majority...

12.30 - 2pm = Game 2 (3 pt Raid, minimum 1 raid ship (or higher PL) )
Assassination - (terrain, no hyperspace), Max 8 ships (10 Drazi)

2.15pm - 3.45pm = Game 3 (2 pt Battle)
Rescue - (terrain, One ship of the fleet may start in hyperspace)
Max 8 ships (10 Drazi)

4pm - 5.45pm = Game 4 (3 pt War, must have at least one War (or higher) ship - this ship may not start in hyperspace)
"Seize the Outpost" - (One ship may start in hyperspace, terrain)
Max 10 ships (12 Drazi)

5.45pm - 6pm = Awards etc... Then depart.

P+P rules amendments apply with the exception of Centauri Hunting Packs.
Triggy's Beam system in operation
Fleets and races may be different for each game - just declare at the start of the tourney (and give a list to me).

"Seize the Outpost" = Middle of the table will be an ancient weapons platform. Said platform can be destroyed for 10VPs (only the side that delivers the "killing shot" gains the bonus, obviously) or it can be boarded - as per the usual rules - and once the automated defense drones (Troops) have been defeated, the occupying player can utilise the stations weaponry... this will be a Turret mounted, Triple Damage, Precise Beam weapon with a 30" Range and 4 Attack Dice. The only drawback to the weapon is that it ALWAYS fires last!
Also, the player in control of the station at the end of the game earns an additional 20VPs :shock:

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A "PROPOSED" SCENARIO, THAT HAS YET TO BE PLAY-TESTED... HENCE NO STATS FOR THE STAION (HULL/DAMAGE ETC...) IT MAY PROVE TO BE TOO PROBLEMATIC OR TIME CONSUMING... IF SO, THE LAST GAME WILL CHANGE TO "ANNIHILATION"

This is a Centauri perpetrated outrage! You really find out who your friends are, and this, gentlemen, is an indicator that fanhead influence runs too deep! :evil:

Seriously, don't worry about it. Means for once the Kettering lot might fit in one car! Needs of the majority and so on.

Centauri_Admiral said:
Filthy lies!!!! We had nothing to do with it . . . . . :p

Indeed, the presence of the thrice damned Narn would have only made victory for a Noble of the Republic more likely.

in truth sad that Ben can't go but it might save me £10 :)

Right, played the "Seize the Outpost" scenario last night, but the station didn't really factor into the game... which prompted some discussion on the possible activation of the station from the begining of the scenario. Again, with time being a factor, I will need to play again and then make a decision... 8)

Oops - having been on the forums for a while and my attendance at the Warlords has also been shocking recently due being bastard busy at work!

The good news is that I can definitely make the 12th of June so count me in.

Shut Up Hippie! said:
Oops - having been on the forums for a while and my attendance at the Warlords has also been shocking recently due being bastard busy at work!

The good news is that I can definitely make the 12th of June so count me in.

mmm, a guaranteed win if I attend....

just been thiking, and this is something I expect one of the many statisticians to reply too.
Noticing the Shadows have done so well in recent tourneys, I was wondering what effect, if any Triggys beam system has on the chances of shadow ships getting pinned?

several shadow ships were pinned in the tourneys I have been to with the TBS in operation - mostly Scouts but IIRC Greg had a Young ship pinned by the Drakh before he slaughtered them.

Statistics rather than observation i'll leave to them how can work it out.

At least one of my fleets at the Tourney will be Shadows........

too much rock paper scisors in the first 2 rounds with shadows, though the luck of the draw has been with em so far, next time it could kick em in the knackers

I'm pondering Abbai, just for funsies

Da Boss said:
could work well

I'll likely go Centauri, Centauri, Centauri, Shadows.........

Power gamer ;-)

I'm currently working on centauri, Narn, Drakh, EA.

no takers on my statistics question, normally they are all over anything methematical like a rash then spend several days arguing about who is right lol.

Back