Vol. 29-32

FrostHawk

Mongoose
I know that it's quite early to speak about this stuff but...
On the advert for the MegaDeal it's written that the ones who buy it will receive these books near 4 months before the others.
I can't afford the MegaDeal so I'm purchasing CE one by one, so I would have liked to know if the guys who have to wait are only the ones who buy paperbacks or even the direct customers of Mongoose?

I would imagine they're referring to the paperbacks. I think someone in a previous topic found a later quote from Mongoose which did clarify it specify to paperbacks.

EvilRedEye said:
I would imagine they're referring to the paperbacks. I think someone in a previous topic found a later quote from Mongoose which did clarify it specify to paperbacks.

I don't know, but I feel it's for the Mega-Deal buyers only. I mean, that's one of the reasons for which you would buy the Mega-Deal: get these 4 books before everyone else (along with no shipping/postage and 6 novels for free). If you can find the quote (or if Matthew Sprange can come clarify this thing :wink: ), tell me where I can see it.

I think someone in a previous topic found a later quote from Mongoose which did clarify it specify to paperbacks.

Was this recently or much earlier? I asked this question a few days ago since this was also in the state of the mongoose 2007.

My understanding was that the novels and delivery re-embursed were the megadeal factors, but would love to know if it meant anyne who buys the CE or not!

Most of the information is in the Mega-deal description of what it gives. I believe msprange posted some clarification on the forum as well.

I am unable to stop thinking about a so early release of books 29-32.
I think Joe will edit and revise all the old books until the 28, just to make the story really uniform.
This is why I cannot undertand that possibility (that is a release before the book 28 re-release).

What do you think?

I read somewhere (must be true! - found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_of_Sejanoz) that book 28 finished a bit early. So I can see this one being revised, but not necessarily the earlier ones (other than any minor typos etc).

But given that book 4 is scheduled for a February release, I wouldn't think about them too much at the moment.

Vampirium is currently on Amazon for 5p shy for £100.

I would kinda like to see the New Order books released all at once, they are off the main continuity and are REALLY expensive in the second hand market. I have more than a few but I am missing Vampirium and Hunger, I also understand that Hunger will be re-written. Since we would be using the same character through all the New Order books it really makes sence...

I missed out on the New Order books and don't fancy paying ebay prices for them so I would love to get my hands on the new order books sooner rather than later. Maybe they could be numbered 1 - 12 rather than 21 - 32. I always thought this was a dubious decision when ever you went into a book shop to buy LW books you would find lots of later books but very few books 1-2 as these had been sold it must have put off some potential buyers. I know I like to read series in order.

It would also bring down some of the prices for new order books on ebay they did seem to dip in price somewhat when the books were reprinted. Prehaps now that it looks like we may have to wait a long time, maybe even 7 years if we get just one book every three months, buyers are starting to go after the originals again. 7 years to release everything does make me a little nervous....

Start on 21 to 32 soon please. :)

WW

Say, someone mentionned that Joe handed the text of book 29 to Mongoose. Is it true? And does it mean that the release date of this book in April 2008 (as mentionned several times by JD himself) is confirmed? Of course, there's always the possibility for a delay, but at least, if it is confirmed that book 29 is finally completed, that would be good to hear.

So, people over at Project Aon have revealed that book 29 will be named The Storms of Chai... Does it mean that it will be published soon? :eek:

Don't drive down ebay prices! That will make my collection much less valuable!

Though as I'm not selling, I guess it's all a little academic anyway.

"The Storms of Chai" - gee, wonder where that will be set? :D Looks like all those who thought it could be a final battle with Agarash were correct.

Hi guys,

The Megadeal chaps will indeed be getting their Book 29 (and beyond!) before it is offered for general sale.

Joe is due to get the Manuscript to me sometime in August so fingers crossed September or early october it should be coming out......IF all goes to plan!

MongooseCharlie said:
Joe is due to get the Manuscript to me sometime in August so fingers crossed September or early october it should be coming out......IF all goes to plan!

hmmm, just asking for clarification, but we might be receiving the new books before all the re-prints? like...book 29 before book 13? etc...

Just wondering. Thanks :) Either way is cool with me!

Yes the plan is to release 29-32 as they are ready rather than in order or else you would all have to wait a while when I am sure you are all dying to see them!

Back