Vanguard - A Traveller Miniatures Game

Sigtrygg said:
Not very happy to see this cancelled.

Hope to see it resurrected in some form or other in the future.

It was never going to get funded, never mind hit the stretch goals. Pledges had stalled after the first couple of days.

I don't think this ever really knew what it wanted to be - and thus it didn't appeal to any of its potential markets....

A Traveller branded boardgame - like the one suggested above with lots of counters, big maps, cards etc - No this has lots of minis adding to the price and just doesn't impress when seen in the KS shots.

A Traveller branded minis game - with a great range of minis and scenery - nope, this has limited factions, limited poses, and very bland game boards and a high initial buy-in (look at what Core Space KS offered for less money for comparison) - do people want a game like this? Is there a demand for a new Traveller minis game?

Traveller minis only - in 28mm, hell yes sign me up! Hang on - £90 buy in, only two factions initially, limited sculpts, and no ability to buy minis only without a game I don't want, or to focus on just one faction? No chance.

This KS was dead in space from the minute the format was decided on. Shame.

My two credits of opinion - licence the Traveller name and iconic IP for sculpts to a company that can make small boxed sets of 4-6 plastic minis per set on a sprue with some options re weapons, heads, equipment, backpacks etc for the core races Imperials, Zhodhani, Aslan, Vargr, Droyne and general starship crews and hope it sells. My gut feel yes it will/would - if marketed right, ie not just to Taveller players, but to generic SF RPG and minis gamers also.

Here's hoping

Back