Using Conan for other stuff

A

Anonymous

Im curious if anyone else is using the Conan rules for anything besides the Conan universe?

For instance, I'm running a Sword and Sorcery campaign, and the Conan book has some fantastic rules, classes, etc., that I'm going to use (almost all the rules, pretty much). But, I don't want to use the Conan world setting or races.

Anyone else doing anything similar?

Crowind said:
Im curious if anyone else is using the Conan rules for anything besides the Conan universe?

For instance, I'm running a Sword and Sorcery campaign, and the Conan book has some fantastic rules, classes, etc., that I'm going to use (almost all the rules, pretty much). But, I don't want to use the Conan world setting or races.

Anyone else doing anything similar?

Not yet. I enjoy the setting too much! I do have threads on using Conan rules with Lankhmar and Thieves' World on this forum, though.

Starting a new thread for it, lest I hijack your thread. Suffice it to say that I find the system interesting enough to try to put it into other settings.

I think the CONAN system and the classes would work well in many settings with a pulp feel to them. It might work in a Moorcock setting, for example. I suggested the Horseclans setting might work here (although I only ever read one of those books). Also, if you are willing to tweak some of the classes and/or replace them with new classes, the combat system and magic system are transferrable to even more.

Hopefully my players will feel the same. :roll:

Personally, I haven't picked up the 3.5 D&D rulebooks and I won't be picking them up now that I have the Conan book. Any games I run in the future that are d20 based will be with the Conan system because it is just so much more fun.

Myself, I am looking at a conversion of the Glorantha setting since I am not too impressed with the newer Heroquest rules and it is hard to get people to play the older Runequest rule system these days.

Rhianni said:
I am thinking of working in how armor protects in Conan with Dragonstar, a sci fi d20 setting.

I think Conan combat could fairly easily be worked into any d20 game. Not just the armor, but even the parry/dodge stuff.

At some point (dunno when), I'll be using Conan d20 for the core of a Lankhmar game. I was also thinking it may work well for Theive's World.

Back