Updated vassal

katadder

Mongoose
hey guys, the mod has been updated slightly. think there were a few faults i corrected but biggest addition is hiffanos Juyaie supplement.
you dont need this update to keep playing but you can always download it and try hiff ships out in games other than set scenarios.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1206974

Sorry that i pull out this old thread...
But how do i start this mod in Vassal. There seems to be no file that Vassal can load.

EDIT ok i loaded the .zip file now ^^ it works :D sorry

By the way, we noticed that the Nolotar ISA frigate lists their mini-beams as AP. I guess the fact that it has gone this long shows how often people are using that ship...

I think i've finally managed to put a Starfield board into Vassal ACTA rather than the black playing board.
The adding of the Starfield board comes with a price.
There is a slow down in map rendering, a few seconds.
This new method shouldn't cause the old Out Of Memory issues, according to the Vassal site.
Anybody interested in Beta testing this if i release in a few days?
:)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1383423

Minor update. Now includes improved Starfield board. Slow down in rendering has been minimized significantly .
You will only experience a slow down the first time you maximize and minimise the map!
The slowdown then stops.
Needs further gameplay testing.
Check it out, see its worth the trouble :)

starfieldtilebb.png

Hmmm, I've noticed the starboard does take quite a bit longer to load, as well as zoom in and out. This could actually add up to signifigantly longer games in the long run, since I know that I constantly am moving in and out over the course of a game

Yep thats the trade off.
Unfortunately thats the best Vassal can offer right now.
I might be able to cut the delay down by 50% in rendering.
I'll investigate that after sleep.

Do you think Vassal has to many zoom in scales?
I know i very rarely zoom in all the way.
Anyway just a thought.

Hmmm, not sure the tradeoff is worth it then in my opinion. It does look rather good though Jay! Oh, and I'm online in vassal now, if anyone is curious.

Wanna know what bothers me?
Other Vassal mods can have awesome playing boards.
Nearly photgraphic in quality.
Its because of the multiple zoom in abilities of the ACTA mod that doesn't allow the quality of boards to play on.

One more thing i've always thought would be cool but have never got around too.
Each ship counter could have Weapons ranges for each weapon system.
Like the Area of Explosion.
You would just have to right click the counter, choose the weapon system, then a colored circle would appear on the map which both players could see.
Save some of the measuring.
Might speed things up too.
This would allow you to make moves and know which position u want to be in for weapons range and allow u to see the enemies weapons range too to allow better movement choices.

Update! :D
The earlier download link has been updated.
Now includes improved Starfield board.
Slow down in rendering has been minimized significantly .
You will only experience a slow down the first time you magnify fully and de-magnify the map!
The slowdown then stops.
Needs further gameplay testing to make sure everybody will get the same performance.
I think i've finally solved it. 8)
Make sure your using the latest version of Vassal.

I've taken the liberty to updating the ACTA Mod on Vassal's site.
I uploaded Katadder's last official mod 2e V-1.2
http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_welcome&Itemid=25

Back