Twilight Sector (55% OFF - 23 March only)

GamerDude said:
I note that the person starting this thread evidently (ephealy) runs/owns the website Mr. Cross has offered a discount through (loot), and then AndreW as a close non-staff association working with (on the T/S forums) CaptainJonah on a set of adventures. Pretty much IMO more pushing people with very tight ties to the company to come an 'pump up the Mongoose Forums about T/S' as I was pushed to do several times.

Yes, I have been helping them out with some stuff. But I haven't been pushing anything, nor have I been asked to.

For anyone who doesn't know, I wrote the Bowman Arm series, and now I'm writing for Terra/Sol.

I also did Mongoose Spinward Marches and Reft Sector, and Gateway to Destiny. And the 1248 setting, virtually the whole QLi product line plus a load of other stuff for Mongoose and Avenger.

I'm just sayin'.

The Dark Avenger said:
For anyone who doesn't know, I wrote the Bowman Arm series, and now I'm writing for Terra/Sol.

Yes, I know. Your involvement is one of the things that initially intrigued me about TS.

The Linkworlds Cluster campaign is great too, btw. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for Terra/Sol.

[ And I even liked "Behind the Claw", though it seems admitting to that is a hanging offense in some sectors. :) ]

Yup. The fan-hate was a problem at times. When the same guy keeps trotting out the same criticisms ten years after publication (and after I've explained to him that actually some of those criticisms should fall on people who are not me), you realise that some people won't ever let time (or reality) get in the way of a good hatefest.

TDA/MJD,

I personally am one Traveller fan who is glad you've stayed with the game all this time. I missed out on some of the stuff you did but I always enjoy what you write. I am not one to sit there and say "you did this bad product, bad person no more RPG for you." By listening to feedback on quality and such, the 'one bad product' can be just that, *one* bad product.

Not that I've ever seen a bad product from you in particular.

Rock On and long travels for the Starship Avenger!

In recent years, I've become more and more bemused by nerd-rage. As someone who once spent a considerable amount of time arguing vociferously about what to name the largest ship types in MOO3, I understand the desire for nerd-rage rants. But no matter how you slice it, it's pretty silly.

And yes, for every angry hater, there are 20 quietly satisfied customers.

The Dark Avenger said:
Thanks for the thoughts. Fan-hate is always louder than appreciation, so it's nice to hear something positive.
You are most welcome...I've always found the truth much easier to say than anything else.

The Dark Avenger said:
Thanks for the thoughts. Fan-hate is always louder than appreciation, so it's nice to hear something positive.

Dude, you are the reason that I am currently playing Traveller again. Your 1248 stuff made the Imperium fun again. Thanks for your great work.

Tasha

apoc527 said:
Is it possible to obtain copies of the 1248 stuff?
Currently only through Ebay and similar channels, with the end of the li-
cense the material became officially unavailable.

apoc527 said:
It actually looks like FFE is including it on the TNE 2 CD. Can anyone confirm that this is true?
You are right, the FFE website lists nine 1248 supplements among the
content of the TNE 2 CD, I missed that because I do not use the CDs.

Back