Trojan Reach

J Harper

Cosmic Mongoose
Quick question - is there much difference between the Trojan Reach section in the 1st Edition Aslan book and the sector book included in The Pirates of Drinax campaign?

There's a lot of detail on Drinax and Asim. But the bulk of Drinax Volume 2 is essentially a reprint of the Aslan sourcebook. Not going to swear its identical, but it is pretty close. If you have the Drinax one, I wouldn't buy the Aslan book.

Thanks. I already have Aslan and was just wondering about the book with Pirates. I’d probably would get it if it was available separately, but I have no interest in pre-made adventures.

Ah. So, yeah, there's a lot of detail on Drinax and Asim, as those are the PoD campaign's "home base". But the gazetteer of the rest of the Reaches are not meaningfully different from the Aslan contents.

Quick question - is there much difference between the Trojan Reach section in the 1st Edition Aslan book and the sector book included in The Pirates of Drinax campaign?
A lot of the statistics are different, if I recall correctly. In second edition, they match travellermap. In first edition, they do not in dozens of places.

Huh, is it that much variation? I usually find some stat changes between editions, intentional or accidental. I didn't notice that they were that widespread in this situation. But I suppose I don't actually use the list of stats that much in sector books. The stats are so fuzzy as it is and it is usually easier to find them on Travellermap if I actually need them.

Huh, is it that much variation? I usually find some stat changes between editions, intentional or accidental. I didn't notice that they were that widespread in this situation. But I suppose I don't actually use the list of stats that much in sector books. The stats are so fuzzy as it is and it is usually easier to find them on Travellermap if I actually need them.
I ran a diff before the new PoD edition came out and there were a lot of differences. A lot of the worlds were smaller. Like impossibly small for the atmospheres they had. See Tktk for an example, which was size 1. Plus, the old stats had CT-style Aslan government codes and the new version does not.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to retcon Keaih into a water world (rather than an exotic atmosphere half-land world) for the Ihatei! chapter to work as written (or at least have a consistent back story). Much as I don't care too much for 'fixing' systems, this one doesn't seem like it would do much harm and might actually do some good.

I ran a diff before the new PoD edition came out and there were a lot of differences. A lot of the worlds were smaller. Like impossibly small for the atmospheres they had. See Tktk for an example, which was size 1. Plus, the old stats had CT-style Aslan government codes and the new version does not.
So the PoD numbers match Travellermap, but are less rules compliant? Seems odd.

I ran a diff before the new PoD edition came out and there were a lot of differences. A lot of the worlds were smaller. Like impossibly small for the atmospheres they had. Plus, the old stats had CT-style Aslan government codes and the new version does not.

Sorry, I think I have reading comprehension problems today. You thought you meant you ran a diff between the Aslan book and the PoD book and your comment about size codes applied to the PoD version. Whereas you meant that you ran a diff on the 1e book vs Travellermap data?

Sorry, I think I have reading comprehension problems today. You thought you meant you ran a diff between the Aslan book and the PoD book and your comment about size codes applied to the PoD version. Whereas you meant that you ran a diff on the 1e book vs Travellermap data?
Correct. And the MgT2 PoD matches travellermap.

The incorrect sizes were in the MgT1 book. They’re fixed in MgT2.

The original version of Trojan Reach dates to Classic and had at least three sources. Classic did not account for worlds that physics would not support, and MegaTraveller only barely did. I think the first unified listing of the sector in print is late MegaTraveller. Only with Traveller Map and T5 was there a concerted attempt to make mundane worlds fit astrophysics. Because Size doesn't impact any Trade Code, it was often the UWP digit adjusted to make a world work with the printed Atmo and Hydro. Not always, though.

There are also a few worlds that were on the receiving end of poor OCR. "B" and "8" got flipped in both directions. You can probably guess what kind of chaos that could lead to.

Back