Trillion Credit Squadron: The Tournament

barnest2

Mongoose
Hi there guys
I'm unable to make it down to the Mongoose offices to run what would surely be an awesome tournament of TCS, at least I won't be able too for a while. So I thought, what's the next best thing.
An online tourney of course! I want to run a tournament from that fine and wonderful and brilliantly written (no bias, honest) book here, on the forums.
This is a general call for interest. I'll work out restrictions and play style once we have an idea of numbers, but for now, please post if you're interested.
And yes, it will be a design-your-own Trillion credit squadron tournament. I expect to see some super-dreadnoughts out there boys and girls.
I can't wait to hear from you all.

Send the fleet to the far side of the Mongoose Forums! There it will remain until I have need of it...
images

Aww, come on Dragoner. Get in on this ^^

I'm going to be putting together a tournament pack. What would people need, like and want to be in it?

barnest2 said:
Aww, come on Dragoner. Get in on this ^^

I'm going to be putting together a tournament pack. What would people need, like and want to be in it?

I am overburdened with real life right now, but I'd love to see the report, how are you going to play it?

Reference to which styles of TCS defined in the book are in use, obviously.
A single fleet rather than anything campaign-ey.

I like games with logistics stuff in it but it's probably unneccessary detail if we just want to blow the crud out of some starships.

Probably the main thing to define what books/adventures are in play for sourcing hardware; obviously the core rulebook, but can I use High Guard (presumably)? Universe of Babylon 5 (why would you want to)? Darrians (ideally not)? Secrets of the Ancients (Seriously.Please.God.No!)?

Also the tournament format - knockout, swiss or round robin. I prefer not knockout as that means everyone gets several games - but that is a lot more work to organise.

Lastly, when/where is it going to happen? I mean, if you wanted to use a fleet of mine for weapons calibration, an afternoon ensconced in the back of Harlequins in Preston works fine, but the 4,000 km distance makes it not ideal for Dragoner*, so I'm assuming it will have to be done through the medium of teh interwebz. Which means appropriate tools** and/or issues of time zones.

* Couldn't get closer than Medium range, for starters. :)

** I started thinking about a vassal module but must admit I haven't spent any time on it. It'd be a very convoluted job to include all the detail you want without also putting in any rules data that shouldn't be included.

All very good questions...

Player wise thus far we have:
Locarno 24
ericphilips
Batgirl III

I could do with at least another one... I have some idea's.

I'm going to run it as a play by post upon these fine forums, so it can stand as a shining example of traveller awesome... :D
I'll probably do a swiss tournament of some sort. Working things out...
Oh, and I might run a campaign if this works out well ^^ (something limited in scale probably)

It'll be a swiss style tournament, basic restrictions as in the book (page 4), budget will, of course, be 1,000,000,000,000 credits :D

ericphillips said:
When would it start? I am waiting to get the print version and it has not arrived at my FLGS yet.
Soon, preferably. As soon as I have it written up, and have enough players, preferably.

Right... I think I'm pretty sure I have the pack written up. I call it a pack, it's a page. Tournament style, fleet construction, and how we'll play. Anything else need adding?

Nothing springs to mind.
Best suggestion is to try it and see; you can always codify any big queries into the rules as we go.

Okay...first question on the new design rules for Trillion Credit Squadron.

Fire Control Nets and Point Defence Nets.

1) Presumably the maximum number of weapons a ship can fire in a single barrage still applies - so three standard wedge-shaped ship can fire a combined barrage of up to 80% of the weapon mounts on that ship?

2) Does the mass of the ship carrying the FCN/PDN still count towards the net's total capacity if it doesn't carry any of the weapons firing in that barrage itself? - i.e. it's purely a fire control node.

3) Can ships in an FCN fire more than one co-ordinated barrage per turn? i.e. if the ships in (1) fire a combined barrage with 80% of their guns, could they fire a second single barrage with the remaining 20% or do they need to fire three seperate barrages?

4) How does Fire Control software and crew skill interact across an FCN? Do you use (a) the best in the net, (b) the worst in the net or (c) the values for the ship carrying the FCN hardware.

5) Are the ships in an FCN fixed or can ships transfer from one squadron net to another as the fleet suffers casualties?

Missile Packs

6) Missile Packs use a turret hardpoint but Gunner (Capital Weapons), if I read this right. Do they require crew as per turrets (1) or as per bays (2)?

Back