Trillion Credit Squadron: The Tournament

Wow, all excellent questions...
1) Combined barrage rules count as normal, so yes 80% on some, less on others.

2) Uh... If it's not involved, and doesn't get the protection or bonuses, it doesn't count towards it, it can act purely as a node. Yes, you can theoretically create control ships much smaller than the warships. However, the command ship in TCS was intended to be part of the network.

3) The FCN will affect a single barrage from the group of ships, directing (hopefully) a massive strike onto an enemy vessel. The ships may fire other independent barrages, but they will not be affected by the FCN.

4) Fire control software and crew skill is as per the ship carrying the network. It's doing the aiming after all.

5) They can transfer across as battle damage occurs, or just on the Admiral's whim. Ship types can, of course, be mixed, but weapon types in a single barrage cannot.

6) They use the Capital weapons skill, but only need a single gunner as they are basically mass-shot turrets.

I have three. Come on guys, there must be more than this out there who want to be involved? Four would be nice...

I could run with three, but it'll be a fast tourney with only three rounds.

That's a really good and obvious idea...
Anyone have issues with me using the ships from the book for the ref's fleet? They can be the... 'control' fleet as it were... (Plus it helps that I can just look to that rather than messing about setting up and doing construction).

I'll message matt about getting a sub board together. I hope to start seeing designs soon :)

Is this still in the works? I've been holding off on buying the pdf because I never figured I'd find anyone to play.

Agreed. It's a great book.

I need to have a sit down and try some ship designs.
One thing I was playing with last night was the SLAM missile pod system.
(I'm an Honorverse fan. Sue me.)

The original concept, the SLAM-6 'Sixgun' - see here: http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=46124 used the Heavy Missile Bay.

A much smaller and more efficient design, however, could be created using the new TCS Missile Pack.
Presenting the SLAM-12 'Sawn-off' (no artwork yet):

Hull: TL12 Distributed S1 (10 dTons)
Armour: None
Manouvre Drive: sA Reaction Drive
Manouvre Fuel: 1 G/Turn
Power Plant: sA Chemical Plant (Emergency Power Equivalent Only)
1% Base Fuel
Bridge: Drone Command Unit (Remote Operations Only)
Electronics: Basic Electronics Suite (Uses Targeting From Launching Ship)
Weapons Hardpoint #1: Missile Pack (Very High Yield Nuclear Missiles)
Extras: TL10 Rescue Transponder
Reinforced Structure: 5 Layers (5 additional structure)

Purchase Cost: 7.6 MCr
Reload Cost: 45,000 Cr
Monthly Maintenance/Overhaul cost: 633 Cr

12 Nukes aren't an especially scary deal, but this thing can be bootstrapped to the hull with a 1 dTon clamp, and doesn't require a hardpoint, not to mention the fact that it's 20% the size and ~60% the price of a twelve-tube missile bank.

A capital ship squadron could in theory shed several hundred of these things...then the squadron commander could light up a fire control net to direct the salvo. Earmarking a couple of thousand dTons (2,200 dTons isn't abnormal for the main armament load of a cruiser) could in theory put a one-time salvo of 2400 missiles into space....

Back