Tribe 8 anyone?

Oddly, it's often quoted the other way around. People often have trouble grokking the setting, but the rules click for them.

Then again, Sil isn't for everyone, just like RQ isn't for everyone. I know at least one group that did T8 with The Riddle of Steel, so doing it in RQ may work well, particularly if you like doing conversions.

-John

homerjsinnott said:
Brilliant setting, One of the worst systems I can remember.
While I liked the system (more so 1st edition), it was a bit clumsy at times. I was thinking of usuing the new World of Darkness for it, since it includes advantages & disadvantages like Silhouette. However, this version of RuneQuest does seem to have a magic system that could be adopted to the T8 freestyle system.

Wulf

It was'nt that it was clunky or too complex or anything like that, but any system that uses D6's as its base is asking for trouble if you ask me. I was harsh, I suppose, it is only as bad as other D6 systems.

But the setting was original, well thought out, had wide scope for expansion and made most post-apocalytic settings look very derivative, The Mad Mel trilogy anyone?

Granted if you had a glut of testosterone racing round your body then it wasn't for you.

Grokking?

Grok = Understand. Sorry for being confusing.

I liked the first few books, but after that the change in developers and the "americanisation" of the setting really took away from my enjoyment. I like the 2e info, but the guy doing the rules additions didn't get things quite right (namely ignoring what the rulbook said repeatedly and making Synthesis far too mechanical).

Anyway, yeah if d6 systems aren't for you, I can see your position. The more I see of Mongoose RQ, the more I think it could work.

If you or anyone else does up a conversion, let me know. As long as it obeys the Pod's web policy (and presumably Mongoose's as well) I can make a permalink in the Pod forum for you, maybe even get it onto the Pod webpage. They have a Heavy Gear to GURPS conversion linked, so it's mostly a matter of me checking legalities and letting Robert know.

-John

jbuckmaster said:
Grok = Understand. Sorry for being confusing.

I liked the first few books, but after that the change in developers and the "americanisation" of the setting really took away from my enjoyment. I like the 2e info, but the guy doing the rules additions didn't get things quite right (namely ignoring what the rulbook said repeatedly and making Synthesis far too mechanical).

Anyway, yeah if d6 systems aren't for you, I can see your position. The more I see of Mongoose RQ, the more I think it could work.

If you or anyone else does up a conversion, let me know. As long as it obeys the Pod's web policy (and presumably Mongoose's as well) I can make a permalink in the Pod forum for you, maybe even get it onto the Pod webpage. They have a Heavy Gear to GURPS conversion linked, so it's mostly a matter of me checking legalities and letting Robert know.

-John

Thanks very much.

homerjsinnott said:
It was'nt that it was clunky or too complex or anything like that, but any system that uses D6's as its base is asking for trouble if you ask me. I was harsh, I suppose, it is only as bad as other D6 systems.

But the setting was original, well thought out, had wide scope for expansion and made most post-apocalytic settings look very derivative, The Mad Mel trilogy anyone?

Granted if you had a glut of testosterone racing round your body then it wasn't for you.

Grokking?

Burning Wheel D6 system is pure beauty, imho.

Back