Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

Ooh. Yes. Disrespect an Aslan and you will soon learn about Aslan culture :)
To quote Pirates of Drinax: Trojan Reach (possibly excessively):

Page 29:
Aslan society generally categorises abrasive, uncultured,
or offensive behaviour into three classes: familiarity,
impoliteness, and discourtesy.

Page 44:
Justice
Criminal acts are rare, but not completely unheard of
in Aslan society. Crimes are different from the insults
or slurs that provoke duels, and are classified into three
categories: crimes of passion, crimes with victims, and
crimes of honour.

•Crimes of passion involve misbehaviour prompted
by temper, anger, or provocation (assault other than
duelling, intoxication, or rioting).

•Crimes with victims involve taking of money or items
of value (theft, stealing, burglary, fraud, forgery,
extortion), violating the person of another for profit
(kidnapping, terrorism, piracy).

•Crimes of honour involve failure to observe
rituals established for behaviour (ambush, failure
to obey the earleatrais in a duel, abandoning
responsibilities, lying in a clan council, perfidy).
Originally, all accusations of crime were judged
by the head of the family, pride, or clan involved.
Through time, other methods have evolved.

A bit later on page 44:
The Aslan do not have a police force to investigate
crimes. If the crime is of sufficient importance, the clan
may assign agents to seek out the criminals and bring
them before the panel of judges. For petty crimes, the
victim must either take the law into their own claws, or
else hire a rukt’hao, a private investigator.

Asking for a book on crime in the traveller universe was NOT meant to start a discussion of various cultures. It was meant to suggest a book topic that might be worth making. Discussion of culture in this thread I am pretty sure is OFF topic.

I'd be interested in a fully developed timeline book of the Traveller Universe. What I have in mind is each page would have a section of the Traveller timeline running across the top and the events on that page would have a concise explanation of those events with any useful references given at the end of the explanation. For example, I was looking for information on the Aslan Border Wars, trying to cross reference some of the things going on historically in both the Aslan Hierate and the Imperium. I doubt it would be practical or financially viable as a physical book, but something like that might be worth while and more appropriate as a PDF where the references could be linked.

Out of interest, what rules would everyone like to see brought together in one volume?
As I commented on the Astrogation post: a volume focusing on exploration and survey. A compilation with the exploration rules introduced in Great Rift and expanded in Deepnight and the recent Rim Explorations and the World Building Manual (sadly my financial situation doesn't allow me buy the latter two yet). With more detailed info about sensors and some of the great ideas proposed in the Astrogation post. And even introducing some mechanics for hexcrawling planetary exploration. The deam handbook for surveying scouts and perfectly compatible with the previous publications.
I've just read that in the recent Mysteries of the Ancients there are some rules about radiation close to gas giant. It would be great and very useful to have all that info in one single exploration book.

And talking about sensors, I have recently discovered the book "Grand Survey" published by Digest Group, where all the different sensors are detailed and its management as well as their handling using printed panels, like another mini game where each crew member is in charge of one of them. That would be so awesome!

Just to add another "want"

Time Traveller

I believe the rights to Time and Time Again are available for negotiation and it really is a good game.

In the past, we have had an unofficial polling of Traveller players to see what they are wanting/expecting to see in future Traveller books. In the past, you have asked us for more playable aliens (which led to the Aliens of Charted Space series and the minor race articles in JTAS), exploration campaigns (Deepnight Revelation), and a focus on the Solomani (Solomani Front and a new line of Solomani adventures).

So, we come to you again - what would you like to see for Traveller in 2022 and beyond?

No answer is too silly (well, maybe...), and we are happy to look at all areas of the game, be it rules-based or areas of Charted Space.

Over to all of you!
Official Support for Foundry VTT. I am willing to pay to get this. There is a host of people who would be willing to help support this.

I recognize that some (but not all) of the books are on Fantasy Grounds. I have never had good luck playing FG and don't really want to sink money into the system when I am heavily invested in FVTT. Plus, I don't like the UI/UX of FG.

It is credited to Mongoose and is part of their TAS program - it is as official as anything MTI (mongoose third imperium)

It is credited to Mongoose and is part of their TAS program - it is as official as anything MTI (mongoose third imperium)
Which still doesn't fix light on details. I'm not saying the book is bad. I am saying it doesn't fix the lack of information on the Travellers Aid Society.

Umm, not quite. TAS publishers are welcome to publish pretty much anything they wish for the Charted Space universe. Does not make it canon :)

I didn't say it was canon, I said it was official. :)

In that it is published under the auspices of your TAS rules.

It also keeps this thread on the front page :)

Out of interest, what rules would everyone like to see brought together in one volume?

I'm interested in additional GM support material for Trojan Marches & Pirates of Drinax campaign:
- politics and personalities of the Nobles and Imperial Fleet admirals in the Domain of Deneb
- More systems profiles like the ones that have already been completed for Torpal and Theev clusters.
- Particular details of the Systems of Drinax & Asim, including world surface details
- Profiles of the Starports in Trojan Marches like what has been published for Spinward Marches
- Additional info on the factions, personalities, politics and society of the sector (eg. profile of the Duke of Tobia, his family, business interests, and politics)
- Additional Patrons & missions
- Adventure content for The Yarrow
- Bounties for the Pirate Lords and Richter Grehai

I'm not seeking new subsystems or crunch - just content that makes a GM's job easier.

Thank you

I think sourcebooks, or better yet multi-book Kickstarter projects, for the Rebellion and the New Era would be great. Like Great Rift and Deepnight, you could do a base box set for each era with additional books for stretchgoals.

I wouldn't mind going all the way back to the Vilani golden age of exploration...

pre-Jump the Vilani had the drive and curiosity to explore and colonise using STL ships - TL8-9

jump drive technology allowed for the goden age of Vilani exploration, colonisation, encounters with other races, a trading hegemony with occasional warfare against rivals (and scrubbing the odd world they considered a threat) - TL 9-10

then came the societal shift and stagnation, the thousand years of conflict (the consolidation wars) - TL10-11

and finally the Ziru Sirka - TL11 - which would end when the Vargr barbarians and the upstart Terrans caused the collapse of the empire

For a few hundred years the Rule of (Solomani)Man kept the Imperium on life support - TL11-12

And then fell the night...

How about a sourcebook dealing with the SF tropes of time travel / alternate worlds / dimension hopping? It might not fit with OTU setting, but it's a significant SF theme. And it allows exploration of historical gaming too...

Back