Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

You know what would be the sixth event?
Try living in the Imperium during the age of the Emperors of The Flag, where an Emperor's life was less than the space of a Jump.

Ye gods, I have so much catching up to do. Still to collect - The Third Imperium and Core Adventures; the Solomani Rim, and associated files; and now The Trailing Edge, showcasing the K'Kree and Hivers.
We should really look at adventures set Beyond The Rim - beyond the boundaries of Charted Space in all directions, whatever is happening coreward of Vargr space, Spinward and Coreward of the Zhodani Consulate, everywhere Spinward of the Hierate and Trailing of the 2,000 Worlds - and something Rimward, past Solomani space where nobody of any species has ever set foot.

You mean like this:

July
Rim Expeditions:
Humans are great explorers, and the Solomani are the greatest of them all. Ever since the days of the Interstellar Wars the people of Terra have felt the call of the great Rimward Frontier, and they have answered. This outward urge has taken Solomani explorers right to the edge of the spiral arm… and beyond.

You mean like this:

July
Rim Expeditions: Humans are great explorers, and the Solomani are the greatest of them all. Ever since the days of the Interstellar Wars the people of Terra have felt the call of the great Rimward Frontier, and they have answered. This outward urge has taken Solomani explorers right to the edge of the spiral arm… and beyond.
The relevant sectors have been added to the Traveller map, so that's a little teaser available!

(Since we've had the Imperial deep space expedition campaign and we're getting the Solomani, I wonder if there are plans to complete the trifecta and detail the Zhodani core expeditions? Once that Consulate sourcebook comes out...)

In the thread about the psionic institutes it was noted that there was no book that was canon for psionic institutes in the Third Imperium. Prehaps a book about psionics in Charted Space will be appreciated?

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but i'd love to see something along the lines of a "monster manual" and perhaps even a 2023 Starter Kit? I feel like most companies are making starter boxes to introduce their games to new players, and the Traveller system is super fun and easy to understand. Just my two credits. Otherwise, we LOVE the game. Thank you for everything you do!

Last edited:
In my opinion, there is a lack of catalogues and descriptions of the world as you did in 1st edition.
In GURPS Traveller, there was a great supplement for human races. There would also be room for several handbooks on alien races, described over 3-5 pages. There are hundreds of races not described anywhere, for example, the Bhunj from 1933 Ketial (Fornast).
Vehicles/ships/monsters - of course, we can detail them ourselves (there are mechanics for that), but a handbook with hundreds of monsters, which can be used at any time, is very practical. Starships - there is a lack of a greater number of ships/vehicles at lower TLs (9-10).
I'm really looking forward to the ecosystem supplement.

Such lists do exist, like:

A list of planets/monsters/equipment/planet descriptions etc. would be handy. I have all the supplements for MGT2ed and sometimes finding something requires a miracle.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but i'd love to see something along the lines of a "monster manual" and perhaps even a 2023 Starter Kit? I feel like most companies are making starter boxes to introduce their games to new players, and the Traveller system is super fun and easy to understand. Just my two credits. Otherwise, we LOVE the game. Thank you for everything you do!
We do have the Explorer's Edition, which works as an introductory piece, and it's only $1 as a PDF on DriveThru!

We could do with a referee's toolkit to creating adventures and campaigns, particularly adventures which do not revolve around military action / violence / dungeon crawling / killing everything that so much as twitches / trade.
Adventures for Scholars, Entertainers, and Rogues would sound like fun; travelling about the universe applying Science to understand weird stuff; musicians arranging gigs, acting troupes staging plays, everybody networking with contacts, building a reputation, curating and sanitising your scandals; and living the life of a Stainless Steel Rat, robbing the greedy and the rich blind, hustling, playing the angles, and always making sure you have your exit planned first.

THE FAST AND
THE FUSIONIOUS:
TERRA
DRIFT

STARRING
BOW WOW

vargr_has_the_controls__airraft_from_traveller_by_sabakakrazny_d5sjj3s-pre.jpg

We could do with a referee's toolkit to creating adventures and campaigns, particularly adventures which do not revolve around military action / violence / dungeon crawling / killing everything that so much as twitches / trade.
Right now, I'm working on a Traveller campaign that's slice of life food journalism. Weird...

For the sake of this campaign, I could imagine a nice book covering culinary options across charted space (food cultures of the Vilani, Aslan, and K'Kree, have at least been touched upon), but I sort of doubt economics would support much more than an JTAS article.

Right now, I'm working on a Traveller campaign that's slice of life food journalism. Weird...

For the sake of this campaign, I could imagine a nice book covering culinary options across charted space (food cultures of the Vilani, Aslan, and K'Kree, have at least been touched upon), but I sort of doubt economics would support much more than an JTAS article.
I did put some menus in Bu and Embla's Guide, so there are a few options in there for foods/prices/restaurants.
Spent some time looking into 'future foods' too, like meal cubes, which are confusing at best...

I did put some menus in Bu and Embla's Guide, so there are a few options in there for foods/prices/restaurants.
Spent some time looking into 'future foods' too, like meal cubes, which are confusing at best...
Interesting. Has there been a review of this PDF, yet? My players are busy and reluctant to read Traveller books. I'd like to know quite a bit more before considering buying this.

Back