Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

Not another retcon please.

How about some originality but based on extant canon?
Well MM did retcon it himself into something the Imperium knew about around the 5th century in Agent of the Imperium, but he also changed some of the nature of it. For what it's worth. (Mind you there are a lot of things in that book I'm not a fan of and aren't IMTU.)

If this is possible I would also love a reprint/reboot/update of the Sky Raiders trilogy from FASA, that is: Legend of the Sky Raiders, Trail of the Sky Raiders and Fate of the Sky Raiders.
This trilogy is considered (along with the Ancients campaign) as among the best adventures of the Classic Traveller Era.

If this is possible I would also love a reprint/reboot/update of the Sky Raiders trilogy from FASA, that is: Legend of the Sky Raiders, Trail of the Sky Raiders and Fate of the Sky Raiders.
This trilogy is considered (along with the Ancients campaign) as among the best adventures of the Classic Traveller Era.
Also a good way to justify the Far Frontiers Sector being fleshed out/updated!

Pretty much everything by the great Keith Brothers deserves a reprint/reboot/update, IMHO.

I'd really love to see 2300AD adventures in the same manner/format we get for the Third Imperium. And while JTAS doesn't really apply to 2300AD, a digest-style book in the same vein would be fantastic as well.

World Building: Flora & Fauna
Not a bestiary in the classical sense but a more abstract approach on how to create the flora and fauna(ecosystem) of a world(UWP).
Especially interesting for live forms based on other elements than carbon on exotic worlds.

Last edited:
World Building: Construction
More information about different architecture, construction materials and methodes for different tech level, especially the ones above TL-8.
Yeah I'm always unsure, and it depends on the culture to a large extent, but to what degree gravitics become integrated into construction once it's available.

World Building: Flora & Fauna
Not a bestiary in the classical sense but a more abstract approach on how to create the flora and fauna(ecosystem) of a world(UWP).
Especially interesting for live forms based on other elements than carbon on exotic worlds.
OMG, yes! This would be great.

What about something both new and old? An adventure series set in Distric 268. The players are part of an ex-Imperial group working to integrate the subsector into the Imperium - they start in 1105 with a 10-year goal to bring the District into the 3I. BUT, things get interrupted part-way through and they have to deal with the consequences of their actions while dealing with the FFW.

I would like to see more information on the Minor and Variant Human races. Answerin, Geonee, Plexxan, and Suerrat to name a few.

Here's my wish-list: Miniatures and accessories! A line of official Traveller miniatures for PCs! I want official traders, scouts, zhodani and vargr, Aslan, hiver and droyne minis at the table. Seems like Northstar miniatures would be a good fit for Mongoose (UK based with US distribution., old school look). Poster-sized deckplans of PC ships (0-hr does great work), battlemaps; look at the cool stuff Starfinder players get, makes me jealous! Acrylic tokens for aim/dodge/and dive for cover to aid in combat. How about a combat tracker? Weapon and vehicle cards, starship cards too! Team up with Battle Systems for official Traveller terrain., starport, docking bay, pirate base.

Wasn't there some discussion on the past on a Starship Architect supplement? I've got many books on warships that talk about the how's and why's you things are designed the way they are (and the boring underlying things like superstructure that makes armor work, or why split up your engine rooms/propellor shafts/multiple rudders - and the tradeoffs for decisions of that type). Even things like why you would make large promenade's on passengers ships, or just how wide a main corridor might be on a 5k Dton ship vs. a 500 Dton ship.

Since it's all text-based, the investment for MGT is relatively low - even lower if it's a PDF-only book. I think it would go well with High Guard and any other book that talks about ships. Many Traveller players do like that sort of thing - especially those that have stuck around with the editions since CT.

Here's my wish-list: Miniatures and accessories! A line of official Traveller miniatures for PCs! I want official traders, scouts, zhodani and vargr, Aslan, hiver and droyne minis at the table. Seems like Northstar miniatures would be a good fit for Mongoose (UK based with US distribution., old school look). Poster-sized deckplans of PC ships (0-hr does great work), battlemaps; look at the cool stuff Starfinder players get, makes me jealous! Acrylic tokens for aim/dodge/and dive for cover to aid in combat. How about a combat tracker? Weapon and vehicle cards, starship cards too! Team up with Battle Systems for official Traveller terrain., starport, docking bay, pirate base.
That and/or 3D STL files for Traveller resin minis. A lot of people do nowadays have access to 3D printers and a kickstarter offering such files would be awsome.

We could have had all that with Vanguard, but not enough people backed the kickstarter.
IMO the thing is that expensive minis are not that attractive anymore, and Vanguard had these which explains more or less why the project failed. Too few people are playing traveller to justify real miniatures. Traveller has by far not the massive following of CMON or Bones.

So its necessary to go a different route. And this is with STL files and not physical minis. I bet such a KS would be successful. It would be quite small of course, but a yearly update from Mongoose could establish a loyal fan base. I own hundreds of 3D printed minis coming from patreon STL files which costed me almost nothing but are at least as beautiful as the expensive ones.

STL Files are the simple way to go today. I know many people with home-printers who would luckily print out traveller minis for 10cent the piece and so do most of the hobby crowd. And best of the story is that 3D gets from year to year more popular, cheaper and better to handle. All mongoose has to do is looking for a good patreon artist and hiring him for 30 or so STL files directly from the traveller lore (ships, aliens etc.) and then starting the KS. If successful (and it will be) repeat this once per year. Its that easy.

Back