Travellers Needed - The Future of Traveller

slider7.jpeg

What I would really like to see it a book on the Vilani that goes into their culture pre-Contact with the Rim Barbarians. What they (in modern englisch not Vilani) called sector governeurs etc. How they dressed, stuff on them.

Would help for the reborn Great Empire of Stars post 1116

GURPS Interstellar Wars has some of that

There are several broad eras of the Vilani to consider

surviving the aftermath of the Ancients war
STL exploration and colonisation
early jump era of exploration, discovery, colonisation and trade
trade hegemony prior to jump 2
consolidation wars
Ziru Sirka
Long Night.

Eight thousand years give or take.

I don't know if I posted this earlier but I would really like a MgT FF&S.

Are you allowed to re-write TNE FF&S and T4 FF&S?

It would provide a unified framework so that the inconsisency between design systems could once and for all be put to bed.

Once you have the FF&S equivalent it can be simplified for a Weapons design or Vehicles book or Robots or Starships.

GURPS Vehicles, EABA Stuff, FF&S (TNE and T4)

If Marc allows you to use T4 and TNE then step 1 is to fix the formatting of T4 FF&S.
Step 2 is to put back in the design systems from TNE FF&S (including Challenge articles)
Step 3 is to playtest the bejesus out of it - I can think of a few people on these boards who would test to destruction.
Step 4 codify the simplified robots, weapons, vehicles, ships.

Step 5 revise the core books for a 3rd edition that makes use of a consistent technical architecture.

Step 6 make your authors use it instead of making up new systems in their works, often the same author has different systems for the same thing in different books.

There are several broad eras of the Vilani to consider

surviving the aftermath of the Ancients war
STL exploration and colonisation
early jump era of exploration, discovery, colonisation and trade
trade hegemony prior to jump 2
consolidation wars
Ziru Sirka
Long Night.

Eight thousand years give or take.
I've always thought of writing a "Why the Vilani are the way they are" over the years but never got around to it.

A Vilani sourcebook does seem like a natural choice for a supplement, along the lines of the Third Imperium book. Sections on Vilani culture, Vilani of the Ziru Sirka, Vilani in the Third Imperium, and Vland Sector.

I have been craving this — nay, foaming at the mouth for this — for years now.
If that craving is not satisfied before Traveller's 50th anniversary I might actually pull a Thanos and go

thanos-ill-do-it.gif

Shugilii has figured prominently in the most recent episodes in my game...

Hmmm . . . Without more context to that statement my imagination can run wild . . .

[Captain as he throttles Ship's Steward by the airlock]:​
" NO!! He WILL be hired on as Second Steward !! "
" NO!! You WILL NOT be making any more of your do-it-yourself Homemade Vilani Cuisine !!! "​

Hmmm . . . Without more context to that statement my imagination can run wild . . .

[Captain as he throttles Ship's Steward by the airlock]:​
" NO!! He WILL be hired on as Second Steward !! "
" NO!! You WILL NOT be making any more of your do-it-yourself Homemade Vilani Cuisine !!! "​
Imagination? How perverse. What are you, one of the barbarian peoples? Consult the games that have gone before, and replicate them as closely as possible, like a civilized being.

:p

I'm eagerly awaiting the bounty hunter sourcebook. I would like to see more supplements that flesh out focused areas of science fiction like bounty hunter or do a deeper-dive on a sub-genre: things like colonies, cyberpunk, setting styles, etc.

I'd also like more 2300 support but I know the Third Imperium is the top dog.

More modules, please.

Apps and spreadsheets.

Official apps for character generation, equipment and starship design, system building etc.

I bet more than just Traveller fans would buy them.
I would prefer open source rather than "offical" apps.

Everything driven from a central database for consistency, spreadsheets are too unwieldy at scale

I would prefer open source rather than "offical" apps.

Everything driven from a central database for consistency, spreadsheets are too unwieldy at scale
Agreed, "official" apps tend to be less flexible, there's also the problem with maintaining them when the value to the business has reduced.

Personally I would love to see more official work on areas outside the third imperium. K'kree and Hiver space both have a lot of fan work with little official information and an adventure detailing the zhodoni core expeditions could cover several different takes on the traveller setting.

Back