Traveller Starter Set - on Drivethru!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
A new Starter Set for Traveller is now available on Drivethru, containing all the core rules plus a complete campaign that will start any new TRaveller players with a real bang! You can grab your own copy now here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210198/Traveller-Starter-Set?affiliate_id=7242

Valeria One to Valeria Two, increase thrust…
Nail Beowulf before he leaves the gravity well and jumps…
Good shot! Target’s main drive is hit, acceleration has ceased…
Prepare boarding party. Tell them to watch out for any heroes…
Matching velocity and rotation. This is going to be a good payday…

…Commence boarding…

Traveller is a science fiction roleplaying game of bold explorers and brave adventurers. The Traveller Core Rulebook contains everything you need to create one of these adventurers and begin exploring the galaxy.

Spaceports, ancient civilisations, air/rafts, cold steel blades, laser carbines, far distant worlds, and exotic alien beasts – this is the futuristic universe of Traveller, the original and classic science fiction roleplaying game.

Come visit the future.

The Traveller Starter Set contains:

Book 1: Characters and Combat
Book 2: Worlds and Spacecraft
Book 3: The Fall of Tinath
Giant blank Sector Maps
6 Pre-generated Character Cards

210198.jpg

Paid for.

Downloaded - eventually - issues with book 3

I am suitably impressed.

A Traveller setting in the OTU but far far away from the 3I - a blank sector to explore and detail (apart from the starting subsector).

Well done, I will be buying the dead tree as soon as it becomes available.

One minor nit pick - why do you not have a single playtester who knows any basic science?

Vacuole - go look it up. It is a cavity in a cell, plants have many cells that have a permanent vacuole. A bit of a silly name for what would otherwise have been quite an interesting lifeform.

I would put another c in the name - vaccuole :)

Sigtrygg said:
A Traveller setting in the OTU but far far away from the 3I - a blank sector to explore and detail (apart from the starting subsector).

What sector is it in?

Sigtrygg said:
One minor nit pick - why do you not have a single playtester who knows any basic science?

We are generally physicists and don't deal with the icky sciences :)

Sigtrygg said:

Actually, not true. One of the playtesters for the campaign is actually a science teacher. But only got through a little bit of it.

msprange said:
Sigtrygg said:

We are generally physicists and don't deal with the icky sciences :)
I too am a physicist and chemist - but having to teach up to at least GCSE biology allows me to spot stuff like this :)

Great work, the more I read the more I am interested in this as a setting I can play around with.

AndrewW said:
Sigtrygg said:

Actually, not true. One of the playtesters for the campaign is actually a science teacher. But only got through a little bit of it.
I spotted it on my first skim read - stuff like that sticks out and just says 'bad science' to me.

But like I said - minor nitpick - I will spell it vaccuole to my players.

Book 1, 2, and 3? I thought you guys were getting away from that naming system? The description text on the store page was ambiguous. Are these books replacements for, additions to, reorganized and repackaged versions of, or less complicated versions of the Core Rule book and High Guard?

I like it a lot.
Here are the contents pages for Books 1 and 2, Book 3 is a campaign worthy of its own thread.
Book 1: Characters and Combat
Intro 2-6
Character creation 7-55
Skills and Tasks 56-69
Combat 70-75
Equipment 76-114
Vehicles 115-127

Book 2: Spacecraft and Worlds
Encounters and dangers 8-17
Spacecraft ops 18-29
Space Combat 30-39
Common Spacecraft 40-71
Psionics 72-81
Trade 82-89
World an universe creation 90-104

Someone on another forum has asked a very good question.

Will the campaign in Book 3 be made available to purchase as a separate entity for those who already have the CRB2e?

Sigtrygg said:
Someone on another forum has asked a very good question.

Will the campaign in Book 3 be made available to purchase as a separate entity for those who already have the CRB2e?

I'm also curious about this but I'm still waiting for a review that makes me want to buy this!

So far what information I've been reading has been skirting around the edges so hopefully I'll be able to find a review that helps me finally decide whether a pdf might be a better buy than waiting for the more costly physical copy?

Back