Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

Is the Pioneer book with the 2023 release for Traveller or 2300? And what will it be covering? I'm guessing setting up colonies on other worlds, but what kind of a system are we looking at? I'm very interested in this, though it looks like we'll have a long wait until it comes out. Thanks!

Hmm just quick question are we still getting the aliens of charted space 3 book this month, and if so about when should we expect it?

A little re-organisation has taken place in the release schedule - plus we have snuck in a brand new, never-before-seen title as well...

Seeing the 'Aliens of Charted Space Volume 4' on the new list, could we please have the Vilani in it. Zhodani and Solomani have both been in the previous volumes, isn't it high time for the last remaining Humaniti Major Race to get their spot in one. To my knowledge, there have not been any sourcebooks on the Vilani, save the currently unavailable MegaTraveller era DGP book 'Vilani & Vargr'.

Seeing the 'Aliens of Charted Space Volume 4' on the new list, could we please have the Vilani in it. Zhodani and Solomani have both been in the previous volumes, isn't it high time for the last remaining Humaniti Major Race to get their spot in one. To my knowledge, there have not been any sourcebooks on the Vilani, save the currently unavailable MegaTraveller era DGP book 'Vilani & Vargr'.
While set in a different era, Steve Jackson Games’s “GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars” has a lot of information about the Vilani. I believe it’s still available at their website despite them no longer having the license to produce new Traveller products.

You can propose content for new publications in the following thread:
Travellers Needed - The Future Of Traveller

Shall I let you know a setting secret? The vast majority of Third Imperium humans are of Vilani ancestry. Some will have a trace of Solomani or other human race in their ancestry, but unless you are close to one of the minor human race cultural centres, Vilani is likely to be the major genotype.
The population of the Earth at the start of the ISW era was 12 billion while the total Vilani population of the Ziru Sirka was measured in the trillions. By the end of the wars and the rise of the Rule of Man humans from Terra had spread out to far corners of the Ziru Sirka. Some worlds would have a Terran fleet occupying them, say a few hundred thousand to a million people, while others were only visited by a single ship.

I’m probably going to pick up Spinward Extents, even though I wasn’t going to, as I got the PDF on drivethrurpg and it was just really good. Have to wait till next payday....

Hoping to mainly build on the 2300AD titles before Christmas, now though, and plans for a campaign in 2023. I might call it my 2023-00AD campaign.

Has there been any news on Pioneer and Traveller: Prime Directive?

On the former, I have noted that it will be produced as a standalone rule book, which de-emphasises combat and focusses on hard science. On the grounds that you could hypothetically run 2300AD using the Pioneer rules instead of the Traveller rules?

Last edited:
Back