Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

Geir

Banded Mongoose
Still waiting on my copy of Spinward Extents.
Me too. But I received an email Sunday morning that mine was shipped via US mail on 8/25. So this week, I hope. I would have thought that having written it, I'd be towards the top of the list, but I bought just like everyone else, so maybe they're going alphabetically. But it never hurts to check with Matt if you think the order didn't make it.

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Has there been any news on Pioneer and Traveller: Prime Directive?

On the former, I have noted that it will be produced as a standalone rule book, which de-emphasises combat and focusses on hard science. On the grounds that you could hypothetically run 2300AD using the Pioneer rules instead of the Traveller rules?
We are about halfway through editing Pioneer right now. I am afraid we have had no news on Prime Directive.

You could potentially run 2300AD with Pioneer but, honestly... I am not sure you would want to? It would be a bit of work and 2300AD is well-integrated with the core Traveller rules

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Still waiting on my copy of Spinward Extents.
A quick note here - the US warehouse staff were at Gen Con and it is taking them a bit of time to get through the backlog of orders. They are beavering away and should be up to date any day now.

TrippyHippy

Cosmic Mongoose
We are about halfway through editing Pioneer right now. I am afraid we have had no news on Prime Directive.

You could potentially run 2300AD with Pioneer but, honestly... I am not sure you would want to? It would be a bit of work and 2300AD is well-integrated with the core Traveller rules
Well, it’s hard to know what Pioneer will bring till I see it! It was just an idea to emphasise ‘hard science’ in the 2300AD game for our group. Either way, Pioneer is an exciting development in itself and I’m looking forward to it.

It is a shame there is no news about Prime Directive, although I know the creator was working through personal/family issues. Thoughts are with him.

enpeze2

Mongoose
Thats a real surprise. While I am desperately waiting for the Robot book and the High Guard Update, what sneaks in in the dark of the night? Spinward Extents! I didnt even know that this was in upcoming list of books. Well another one to buy I fear :)

fnordland

Mongoose
Mysteries of the Ancients is listed as being written. It does not appear on the release schedule, please can give me some guidance when it is likely to appear in pdf.

Thank you.

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Mysteries of the Ancients is listed as being written. It does not appear on the release schedule, please can give me some guidance when it is likely to appear in pdf.

Thank you.
The bulk of the text is in, and we should be getting the remainder over the next few days. I would expect this one to appear in the first or second quarter of next year or so.