Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

Still waiting on my copy of Spinward Extents.
Me too. But I received an email Sunday morning that mine was shipped via US mail on 8/25. So this week, I hope. I would have thought that having written it, I'd be towards the top of the list, but I bought just like everyone else, so maybe they're going alphabetically. But it never hurts to check with Matt if you think the order didn't make it.

Has there been any news on Pioneer and Traveller: Prime Directive?

On the former, I have noted that it will be produced as a standalone rule book, which de-emphasises combat and focusses on hard science. On the grounds that you could hypothetically run 2300AD using the Pioneer rules instead of the Traveller rules?
We are about halfway through editing Pioneer right now. I am afraid we have had no news on Prime Directive.

You could potentially run 2300AD with Pioneer but, honestly... I am not sure you would want to? It would be a bit of work and 2300AD is well-integrated with the core Traveller rules

Still waiting on my copy of Spinward Extents.
A quick note here - the US warehouse staff were at Gen Con and it is taking them a bit of time to get through the backlog of orders. They are beavering away and should be up to date any day now.

We are about halfway through editing Pioneer right now. I am afraid we have had no news on Prime Directive.

You could potentially run 2300AD with Pioneer but, honestly... I am not sure you would want to? It would be a bit of work and 2300AD is well-integrated with the core Traveller rules
Well, it’s hard to know what Pioneer will bring till I see it! It was just an idea to emphasise ‘hard science’ in the 2300AD game for our group. Either way, Pioneer is an exciting development in itself and I’m looking forward to it.

It is a shame there is no news about Prime Directive, although I know the creator was working through personal/family issues. Thoughts are with him.

Thats a real surprise. While I am desperately waiting for the Robot book and the High Guard Update, what sneaks in in the dark of the night? Spinward Extents! I didnt even know that this was in upcoming list of books. Well another one to buy I fear :)

Mysteries of the Ancients is listed as being written. It does not appear on the release schedule, please can give me some guidance when it is likely to appear in pdf.

Thank you.

Mysteries of the Ancients is listed as being written. It does not appear on the release schedule, please can give me some guidance when it is likely to appear in pdf.

Thank you.
The bulk of the text is in, and we should be getting the remainder over the next few days. I would expect this one to appear in the first or second quarter of next year or so.

Just to let you all know, there are some tweaks to the schedule and some additions as we reveal dates for next year's books. Marches Adventures 3 and 4 are now being compiled with three other adventures into a hardback, and we have unveiled the next 'sector' book...

Incidentally, there was some news about the upcoming Traveller: Prime Directive on drivethrurpg.com, in one of the Traveller product forums. In short, it's still coming!

Just got into the game (through Seth S's videos) and have the core book en route. My question is will there be enough difference between the 2023 books up coming vs snagging copies that are current now?

Just got into the game (through Seth S's videos) and have the core book en route. My question is will there be enough difference between the 2023 books up coming vs snagging copies that are current now?
By the looks of the schedule, the only 2023 book is set for November. The CSC IS a good one, and if it was more than a month or two out, I'd get the old one too... but it isn't. It IS possible, especially with a new group, to ease them into more purchasing possibilities slowly as they are exposed to the wider universe, so it isn't an immediate must buy - but you will want the new one when it comes out.

Back