Tournament Reference Sheet

What do you think

• Its great, I love it in color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its great, I have no opinion of color/grayscale

• Its great, but I'd rather have grayscale/B&W

• Its good, I like the color, but this part could be better...

• Its good, I have no opinion of color/grayscale, but this part could be better...

• Its good, I prefer grayscale, but this part could be better...

• I don't like it, you should do this...

• I like the old format better

• I don't use these, but whatever

• Total voters

Chernobyl

Cosmic Mongoose
I'd like some feedback on a new format I'm toying with for use with the "Tournament" book when it comes out. Please check out the pdf and let me know what you think.

http://home.comcast.net/~epicarmycard1/B5/3-NR__War__Narn_Dreadnought_v3.pdf

well, as usual, top quality work. will you be including a picture of the vessel with these ? due you plan to leave them as a card sized item or will you be changing that(looks great either way!) :p

No pictures...takes far too much time to crop and scan and everything else. also, it increases the file size.
These are intended to be letter-size pages, not the cards that we were trying earlier.
I should clarify that I have no idea if a tournament Bin'Tak will be any different from a campaign Bin'Tak, this is just an example using the SFOS stats. I haven't seen any info on the new fleet lists.

nice. I notice that the 2 lines for energy mines have no writing, just the number 8. was this on purpose, or is my reader playing up?

For the missiles and emines with variable loads I leave some fo the spaces blank. When its converted to PDF I can then go in and put in a drop down box that allows you to select the type of missile or mine you want. I wan't looking for that level of detail yet so I just left out that step.

ah, thats cool then. I have some games on Saturday I'll take a copy of this one for my Bin Tak, then the older style for the other ships, and see which works best.
Wonder how Pixelgeek is getting on with his Cards?

Yeah they look nice, definatly like the idea of grouping the criticals together. Not sure on the weapons layout to be honest, i prefered it in a list it makes it harder to read. Apart from that nice work!

Color is good, don't like the way weapons are done. The list style is easer. I like having hull and crew together, easier.

Mike

Note on the standard PDF's from my wife (who just started playing) - It would be nice if each of the three ships that can be tracked were color coded. A nice light background color on each would help them stand out.

Not bad. I think having the P/S weapon stats oriented horizontally would be better.

And I'm playtesting the tournament stuff. I would strongly suggest you wait until after that material is released before you go and do a bunch more work on your sheets.

looks good,

ship pictures and trendy background graphics: just remember all of us sad people who hate going through a printer cartridge when printing out graphic intensive gaming sheets. :p :wink:

------------------------------------------

on a vaguely related note, this game is getting a lot more paperwork orientated than i thought it would have required. :?

This looks fine, though I must mirror the concern about color (kinda kills printers, both in speed and expense) and the weapon list is a bit odd.

Does everyone feel the arcs are necessary? I'm thinking if you took it out, you'd be able to lay the other items in more cleanly. F, A, P and S should be second nature by now, no?

prelude_to_war said:
Does everyone feel the arcs are necessary? I'm thinking if you took it out, you'd be able to lay the other items in more cleanly. F, A, P and S should be second nature by now, no?

Agreed, a huge arc diagram like that isn't needed. Though I did like the little one on the old sheets.

OK, here's version 3.1

http://home.comcast.net/~epicarmycard1/B5/3-NR__War__Narn_Dreadnought_v31.pdf

most color printers have an option to print in grayscale, it's typically under some kind of advanced print setting. I'd like to do them in color. I think the challenge will be finding colors that "translate" well into greyscale print. A lot of people in a common office environment will have access to a laser printer but not a color one, which are usually far more expensive.

as always, feedback is encouraged!!

Chernobyl

I like that better. And the color is fine, just make sure to test how it looks when printed in black and white

Back