Tournament Reference Sheet

What do you think

• Its great, I love it in color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its great, I have no opinion of color/grayscale

• Its great, but I'd rather have grayscale/B&W

• Its good, I like the color, but this part could be better...

• Its good, I have no opinion of color/grayscale, but this part could be better...

• Its good, I prefer grayscale, but this part could be better...

• I don't like it, you should do this...

• I like the old format better

• I don't use these, but whatever

• Total voters
:) i'll take either version.i really like having the ship image on them. it makes it easier for my wife who's learning to play to keep track of her ships.

yeah i agree, i like the ship image on the bottom. I think that if the weapons were more "tableised" then it would look better, but its certainly an improvement from before. i prefered the column arcs (F,P,S,A,B,T) also what about putting the boxes for the criticals in line with the criticals themselves, makes them easier to referance rather than under the set. But working on it well def an improvement

hmm, I dunno about tournaments, but obviously for campaigns we roll for crew quality, any chance of leaving the Crew quality box blank? although i appreciate you titled the thread as tournament sheets :shock:

At the moment there's not enough width to put in a column for firing arcs. It may look like there is, but that space is needed for weapons with longer names. I could probably stand to put in a section header for the stats that are there, (name, Range, AD, special)

regarding the criticals, I really want to keep the "columns" for each of the 3 ships in line. I'm struggling with a way to do that and readily identify each critical box on each ship with each critical. I know I don't want to list the criticals vertically. there's too much info for that. what if I put the greyed out initials in the box? for instance, the box for "Targeting system damaged" would have a grey "TSD" in the box.

These have other differences from campaign sheets. There's no place for ship XP, added weapons, or additional AD or ranges on the weapon descriptions. really, I could have left the crew quality off entirely as all CQ in a tournament is (unless this changes with the new guidelines, which I doubt) defaulted to 4.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I really appreciate it, keep it coming.

Chern

I dont know if anybody pointed this out, but you have some space left in the margins, perhaps reducing the margins will add some space to enlarge some of the damage records and critical areas.

Also as a matter of book keeping, shouldn't command be a +1 instead of a one.

The more i see this sheet, the more i like it. Keep the color

either that or place the die roll in the box. while i'm used to accronyms not everyone else is. either way maybe you should color code the
text on the chart with which ever method you use to indicate the box.(yes i know more color makes it more expensive to print,but if it saves on confusion i think it would be worth it) i agree that changing the crits from horizonal to vertical wouldn't work.

I've incorporated some of the changes talked about above.
ignore the wild colors, I'm experimenting with what prints better in grayscale.

http://home.comcast.net/~epicarmycard1/B5/3-NR__War__Narn_Dreadnought_v32.pdf

changes made here:
added header row to weapon section
vary colors for grayscale print test
changed crippled/skeleton crew text to normal instead of bold for better readability
added outlined gray/white lettering to critical hit sections

regarding margins, I might use a little more of them. If I did, it would be to balance the "halves" of the sheet left and right, and make them equal width. Doing this would give me room to increase the font size in the weapon table and make it a little more legible.

Chern

the first 2 orange colors print well in gray on my printer, so I may stick with those, and they're not bad in color. let me know if you feel differently.

at the moment all I want to do is get the format straight. I don't want to get ahead of myself too much! :lol:

i think that left aligning the ARC text might help, i dont like it in the middle, whilst the rest of the text is left aligned. that should help

understandable. as usual we all are greatful for your efforts and i hope you have nailled this down because i for one am looking forward to seeing more of these in the future. :)

Back