Tornement Proposition (wiltshire)

Which type of ship representation would you like?

• Miniatures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Counters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

emoadam

Mongoose
I'm part of DDWG (devizes district wargames group), and every year we run an event called "attack" which raises money for our club to hire the hall, buy terrain etc. We have many traders, and competitons. This year being on the committee i have put forward the idea of a Babylon 5 compeition. If we have enough interest (minimum 10 people) then we should be able to organise a compeitition over 2 days, probably consisting of 4 games each day. There will be a small entry fee, to cover costs of tropheys etc. If people do not know where we hold our event, it is in Devizes, about 45minutes from bristol

Any Feedback would be much appriciated

i would like to (but would really depend on the dates of the day)
i live in Bristol so not too far

emoadam said:
well its a long way away, probably around the 2nd or 3rd weekends in july

that would be really good actually, theres a few others from Bristol that might be interested, some of the people i am demoing to are getting an interest in ACTA

Pauly_D said:
emoadam said:
well its a long way away, probably around the 2nd or 3rd weekends in july

that would be really good actually, theres a few others from Bristol that might be interested, some of the people i am demoing to are getting an interest in ACTA

I'd be one of those interested people from Bristol, but I'm not one of Paul's demoees, I'm worse than them :lol:

LBH

Two things would prevent me, the distance (I live in Margate, Kent) and most of July I'm going to be away at various music festivals.
Sounds like a good idea though.

Count me interested (subject to schedules of course - I don't have anything planned for June at the moment though)

Also most tornements allow counters and miniatures but, i think that it should be one or the other, the worst thing is one person using counters, and the other using miniatures.

If you would be interested i would also like to know if you could field miniatures, (probably 7-10 point battle level)

i have started a poll much appriciated

well i will definately be bringing mini's, mainly because they just look so much better, but i do always bring counters along with me because if the ships get really close in then big models get in the way of each other
is 7-10 point battle a bit big? what about 5 Point Battle it would be easier to get those finished quicker

This is true, but if we organise a tournement, the scenarios that will be played will not neccesarily be the same ones in the book, or the standard tornement ones, it eliminates people "knowing" the scenario too well, and gives everyone a challenge. If it goes ahead the tornement will be held to two days, with a game limit of 1.5 hours, and 4 games a day possible

most of my ships are all cut to different levels so that they can move in tighter formations :D i find it looks quite effective.

10 point battle level in an hour and a half? That's ... optimistic!

... and I'd need to buy more ships. Ah well, was planning to buy more ships anyway ;)

emoadam said:
This is true, but if we organise a tournement, the scenarios that will be played will not neccesarily be the same ones in the book, or the standard tornement ones, it eliminates people "knowing" the scenario too well, and gives everyone a challenge. If it goes ahead the tornement will be held to two days, with a game limit of 1.5 hours, and 4 games a day possible

most of my ships are all cut to different levels so that they can move in tighter formations :D i find it looks quite effective.

well the best ones in the book for tournament style scenarios are Annihilation, A Call To Arms and Space Superiority, and soon Mongoose will be bringing out a book that will definately help with this

Back