The rules as stated By Matthew Sprange

storeylf said:
That ruling may well be correct. Remember ADD is not the same as Fed drone racks. They may well be different.

Ah, I am with you, can see the confusion now.

May need to alter the FAQ text (heh) but no, once 'converted,' Federation drone racks are _no_ different to ADD and use exactly the same rules. So, if any of the ADD dice roll a 1, you just lose 1 ADD/drone.

Alright, now I am totally confused as to how the Combined drone/ADD racks work now.

I though it used to be any time the defender rolled a 1, the ADD ammo went down by one. If enough salvoes attack a ship to cause it to roll enough 1s (one time per salvo) to bring ADD to zero, then in future turns the ship has no drones of any sort left and cannot make drone attacks.

Now it's what? Huh?

Take away the word misleading 'every' and it works the same as ADD, except that now (and unlike before) each time you use the fed rack as ADD and get at least 1 your drone rating drops by 1, permanently, and when you get to drone 0 you are also out of ADD a well.

billclo said:
Alright, now I am totally confused as to how the Combined drone/ADD racks work now.

I though it used to be any time the defender rolled a 1, the ADD ammo went down by one. If enough salvoes attack a ship to cause it to roll enough 1s (one time per salvo) to bring ADD to zero, then in future turns the ship has no drones of any sort left and cannot make drone attacks.

Now it's what? Huh?

Fed combined Drone rack.

If no Drones are fired that turn can be used as an ADD.

While working as an ADD it works exactly like an ADD with starting dice equal to the Drone rating. IE a BCH with Drone 4 starts with ADD 4.

Any Ammo used on the ADD reduces the Drone rating at the end of the turn. For example the BCH uses its ADD and rolls one or more ones during a single attack reducing its ADD to 3, next turn it has Drone 3

It is a weapon system NOT a trait and therefore if anything such as power drain prevents the Drones being used the ADDs also cannot be used.

Roll a dice for every Drone in an attack, if any of them roll 1 then reduce the ammo of the ADD by ONE, all Drones in that attack are automatically stopped.

Thats about it as far as I know, Matt can say if there is anything more next time he wanders past.

That's my understanding of it, too.
which is pretty much the way we plsayed it during play testing... until we found out we were doing it wrong... but now, not really. :?

On the upside, it seriously decheeses the BCH and while the DWD still remains sketchy point wise, isn't a magic war winner anymore (except v the poor plasma ADD-less races).

storeylf said:
Take away the word misleading 'every' and it works the same as ADD, except that now (and unlike before) each time you use the fed rack as ADD and get at least 1 your drone rating drops by 1, permanently, and when you get to drone 0 you are also out of ADD a well.

And that's how we would have played it too if Matt hadn't been very explicit before about the drone's AD not being reduced.

The errata should be updated to state that if a 1 is rolled for the ADD then not only is the ADD rating reduced by 1 but so is the AD of the drone rack (I also think we should get to split the drone rack in a given turn if we just want half to do ADD duty and the other half for attacking!)

-Tim

AdmiralGrafSpee said:
The errata should be updated to state that if a 1 is rolled for the ADD then not only is the ADD rating reduced by 1 but so is the AD of the drone rack

Will be done today.

msprange said:
AdmiralGrafSpee said:
The errata should be updated to state that if a 1 is rolled for the ADD then not only is the ADD rating reduced by 1 but so is the AD of the drone rack

Will be done today.

Can you make sure it says IF one OR more ones are rolled durring the same salvo then the ADD and Drone rating is reduced by one rather than changing it to look like every rolled one even in a single salvo lowers the ADD rating which is what you changed the front page here to say please :wink:

msprange said:
AdmiralGrafSpee said:

Will be done today.

Since you're likely to be updating trhe eratta from time to time, a date stamp in the text opr even in the file name would be useful so oyu know what you have is up to date.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Since you're likely to be updating trhe eratta from time to time, a date stamp in the text opr even in the file name would be useful so oyu know what you have is up to date.

There already is...

Captain Jonah said:
This is a compilation of all the Rules Rulings from Matt that I can remember or find. I have tidied them up and will print them off as needed. The ACTAs topics go back thousands of posts now and its getting very hard to find a lot of these.

Matt can you have a look and say if I have remembered these correctly or not. Also if there are any missing please let me know and I'll add them in. Thanks

ACTA – SF

The rules as stated By Matthew Sprange on the Mongoose Forum

Cloaks
• A cloaked ship can make one 45 degree turn when executing a De-cloak special action; if that ship is AGILE it may make a 90 degree turn.
• When executing a De-cloak the ship may reposition itself within 6”. This move ignores any intervening terrain (for example it can be used to “Jump” across an asteroid belt of less than 6”).
• A cloaked ship that enters a Dust Cloud or Asteroid Field loses its 2+ save as its cloak is negated by that terrain type (but does gain the 5+ save), however the cloak is negated not cancelled so the ship remains under all limitations of being cloaked until such time as it uses the De-Cloak special action or loses its Cloak trait due to damage.

[
This "re-position within 6" Does that mean anywhere? Regardless of facing?
A cloaked, turn 3, agile ship moves 6". One 45 turn? One 90 turn? Two 90 turns?

Captain Jonah said:
This is a compilation of all the Rules Rulings from Matt that I can remember or find. I have tidied them up and will print them off as needed. The ACTAs topics go back thousands of posts now and its getting very hard to find a lot of these.

Cloaks
• A cloaked ship can make one 45 degree turn when executing a De-cloak special action; if that ship is AGILE it may make a 90 degree turn.
• When executing a De-cloak the ship may reposition itself within 6”. This move ignores any intervening terrain (for example it can be used to “Jump” across an asteroid belt of less than 6”).
• A cloaked ship that enters a Dust Cloud or Asteroid Field loses its 2+ save as its cloak is negated by that terrain type (but does gain the 5+ save), however the cloak is negated not cancelled so the ship remains under all limitations of being cloaked until such time as it uses the De-Cloak special action or loses its Cloak trait due to damage.

Turn 3, agile, cloaked. Moves 6". (stays cloaked.)
1-One 45 turn.
2-One 90 turn.
3-Two 90 turns?
4-other?

Repositioning.
Same ship decloaks. Anywhere within 6" of cloaked postion, regardless of facing? Plus a 90 degree turn based on cloaked facing?

Effects of stealth on seeking weapons?

The wise and all knowing font of unofficial wisdom has said:

A cloaked ship while cloaked is limited to a 6" move but may turn as much as it can within that move. So an Agile turn mode 3 ship can make 2 turns each of up to 90 degrees.

The de-cloak bit is as follows:

You can make one 45 degree turn from your current facing, 90 degrees if agile.

You may move your ship anywhere within 6" of its position at the start of the turn. this move can cross terrain or areas that could not be crossed so long as they are less than 6" wide and the ship is able to be placed on the other side. There are no effects for crossing this terrain, the ship is considered to have been on the other side and its position on this side was a sensor ghost. For example if you were at the edge of an asteroid field or planet 5” or less in size you could use your de-cloak move to be on the far side.

Your facing at the start of the turn and the facing you choose after you have de-cloaked do not restrict your 6" re-position. You can move 6" directly backwards or to either side, you are not considered to be moving but rather that is your true position and the cloak was fooling people into thinking you were elsewhere.

Rerednaw said:
This "re-position within 6" Does that mean anywhere? Regardless of facing?

It moves anywhere, regardless of facing. Its facing must remain the same. Then may be turned 45 degrees.

A cloaked, turn 3, agile ship moves 6". One 45 turn? One 90 turn? Two 90 turns?

2 90s. One after 3", second one at 6".

Turn 3, agile, cloaked. Moves 6". (stays cloaked.)
1-One 45 turn.
2-One 90 turn.
3-Two 90 turns?
4-other?

3. See above.

Repositioning.
Same ship decloaks. Anywhere within 6" of cloaked postion, regardless of facing? Plus a 90 degree turn based on cloaked facing?

Correct.

Effects of stealth on seeking weapons?

Seeking weapons cannot target cloaked ships.

Thanks for answers so far.

Sorry will be more specific.

Not all stealth = cloak. Orion, dust clouds, etc.

How does say 4 AD of drone work vs. an Orion ship (stealth.)

Another question. Is it possible to "line up" one ship to another (target ship has already moved and then you move your vessel then turn and adjust) so both PH and SH (or FH and AH) weapons can be brought to bear on the same target?

OK, let's say your ship fires 4AD of drones at an Orion Raider with Stealth 6+: Roll D6 hits for each AD that gets past the Raider's defences as normal, then the Raider rolls a dice for every hit scored. Any rolls of 6 removes a hit, then you roll for damage as usual for what's left.

Back