the road of kings?

toothill man

Mongoose
noticed this name as a conan release can we please have some detail soon is this the campain book or the name of the gazetter?

Hi Toothill man.

The Road of Kings is the actual title of the Gazeteer.

As for details, it's a 200 page hardback in full colour, written by Vincent Darlage (winner of an Ennie for his Conan d20 gaming site).

Mutter

The above was me posting from Home. Darn autologin.

Paul Tucker

MongoosePaul said:

As for details, it's a 200 page hardback in full colour, written by Vincent Darlage (winner of an Ennie for his Conan d20 gaming site).

Hey Paul, any chance that this book could be 192 page? Hell, 208 or 224? The Conan book already has a hefty price tag and it seems a pity to increase costs by sitting the final page count at 200.

Outlaw said:
MongoosePaul said:

Hey Paul, any chance that this book could be 192 page? Hell, 208 or 224? The Conan book already has a hefty price tag and it seems a pity to increase costs by sitting the final page count at 200.

192 or 208 - both of these would likely come in at around the same price. On the one hand, I could butcher Vincent's text down to fit into a 128 page book. On the other, as a piece of scholarly work on Hyboria and as a game supplement it's excellent. Based on that, we decided to up the page count.

Paul

must amit that was hoping it was not going too be another massive book with a large price tag but as it is conan will buy it any way :shock:

toothill man said:
must amit that was hoping it was not going too be another massive book with a large price tag but as it is conan will buy it any way :shock:

Look at it this way. How many years have people been waiting for a defuinitive gazetteer of Hyboria?

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Look at it this way. How many years have people been waiting for a defuinitive gazetteer of Hyboria?

Too long!

I've been waiting for a solid Conan game for around 20 years - as all of my youthful attempts using D&D, Dragonquest, Stormbringer, and the Palladium system never really worked. The TSR version never seemed to show up in the stores I bought games at, and GURPS was far too late, and far too GURPS.

Jason Durall said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:

Too long!

I've been waiting for a solid Conan game for around 20 years - as all of my youthful attempts using D&D, Dragonquest, Stormbringer, and the Palladium system never really worked. The TSR version never seemed to show up in the stores I bought games at, and GURPS was far too late, and far too GURPS.

You and me both. To find myself directly involved in this project is a bit of a dream to say the least.

toothill man said:
must amit now that I have seen the book if only a preview copy it looks as good as slaine and that is saying something 8)

What will really make Conan stand out is the qulaity of the support material. We have some of the top Conan people available working on this.

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Lets see... I'm 41 ...discovered Conan when I was 13. That would make, roughly, 28 years that I've been waiting.

Mythos said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:
Lets see... I'm 41 ...discovered Conan when I was 13. That would make, roughly, 28 years that I've been waiting.

Eerie. I'm 41 and got into Conan at about 13 as well.

it must be something about 13 year boys me too but as I am only 31 that makes me the baby.Am glad about old bears comments about supporting this line after slaine support is a word I like 8)

Mongoose Old Bear said:
Mythos said:
Mongoose Old Bear said:

Eerie. I'm 41 and got into Conan at about 13 as well.
I feel a icy wind a blowing. 8)

toothill man said:
it must be something about 13 year boys me too but as I am only 31 that makes me the baby.Am glad about old bears comments about supporting this line after slaine support is a word I like 8)

Something interesting must be happening at age 13. I am 33, but was given a couple of Conan books to read (Conan the Adventurer and Conan the Usurper, Ace editions) at age 13.

Back